*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607070-Honor-Jesus-Honor-The-Name-of-His-Mother
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1607070
One should respect the name of Jesus's mother Mary
"To love like Jesus; love his mother."

I would like to express a disappointment or more importantly a puzzling question I have had on my mind involving non-Catholic Christians and some of those peoples views on Blessed Mary.

Catholics have always had a deep devotion to the great Mother of God Mary. I myself with faith have found great strength and consolations through her prayers. In faith, I know Blessed Mary’s prayers hold much weight with Jesus and God. Mary is our Mother. Model of Christians. I like to think about the Gospel of John: Chapter2 verse 1-5. The wedding at Cana. Jesus wasn’t ready yet, however, just a word from his mother and Jesus performed his first miracle;.the water into wine.

Non-Catholics may not understand our veneration of Blessed Mary. The point I would like to make; I hope in a clear charitably way, is how those who confess Jesus as Lord have taken pains to make fun of the Mother of Jesus. I have always found this baffling. How can you say you love Jesus yet make fun of his mother? It is illogical.

Please see how illogical it is. When you make fun of Blessed Mary and Blaspheme her and her images, you blaspheme her son, Our Savior Jesus and God himself! Don’t you see? God choose Mary among all others; prepared from the beginning of time for this Jewish girl to be the mother of our salvation. If you make fun of Mary you make fun of God’s chosen woman. The woman who bore Jesus; raised and taught him, suffered at the foot of the cross. Waited for him with faith.

You can choose not to pray to Blessed Mary but you should not disgrace her name. She is the Mother of YOUR Savior Jesus Christ. Don’t you think Jesus would be offended and saddened by this? Don’t you think God would be angered to see people disgrace the woman he chose to bore your salvation?

Again your free not to pray to Blessed Mary if you choose, yet, see how illogical and I think very sinful to disgrace the name of the mother of Jesus.

Let us strive to be followers of Christ and run for the goal together for the crown of glory.

MARY IS OUR MOTHER TOO

Seeing his mother there with the disciple whom he loved, Jesus said to his mother, “Woman there is your son.” To his disciple he said, “There is your mother.” From that hour onward the disciple took her into his care. John 19: 26-27.

Christ at that moment was making Blessed Mary our mother and us her children. How bless are we to have such a mother who is also our Queen. A mother who cares for our immortal soul. A mother who suffered greatly for us. Who suffered as Jesus her son carried the cross. Who suffered as her son hung on the cross for the transgressions of mankind.

Lately when feeling anxious over the savagery going on around the world, I find comfort in her Immaculate Heart.

Mary our mother pray for us. And may all mankind find comfort in your Immaculate Heart. Where Blessed Mary is; so is Our Lord and Savior Jesus.


God Bless You!!
© Copyright 2009 straker (tinyastro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607070-Honor-Jesus-Honor-The-Name-of-His-Mother