*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607651-CLASS-ASSIGNMENTS
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1607651
Class Assignments
If I Had A Life To Live Over

I would have showed the emotions
I kept bottled up all these years.
I would have listened to my parents,
Instead of doing the complete opposite.
I'd have taken the time to realize that
They were right all along.
I would have spent time with my boyfriend during the day
And not snuck around at night.
I would have taken medication correctly.
Instead of trying to take my life,
I'd have taken time to see how beautiful it can truly be.
I would have never locked myself in my room
But spent those days with my family.
When my friends asked me to do something with them
I would have never made up a lame excuse
to stay in bed.
But most of all, if I was given another shot at life,
I would say "I love you"
More often then "I hate you"
And spend more time in the light
With the ones I love



AUTOBIOGRAPHY

I am leading a secretive life in this small town.
As I sit here under a sky of blue and white,
I realize that no one really see's the real me.
I feel as if my life is as worthless as an ant on the sidewalk.
People have always seemed to wonder why I never talk.
My childhood was as good as I could have ever wanted.
I had a somewhat loving family and a lot of friends.
As I grew older, the good things in my life didn't seem to
matter much anymore.
I became a pessimist.
I read sad poems and listened to depressing music.
I thought I was never goiong to see happiness again.
I always wore black.
Clothes, makeup, hair. Everything.
I got caught red-handed at the scene,
And at the same time, I felt the world was going to end.
And now, at 15, I have seen much more than I should have
by this age.
I have heard myself say some really awful things.
But now, I know that I meant not a single word of it.
I also now know that I know absolutely nothing about this
confusing thing we call "life".
I hate that I have spent all these years looking at the bad sides
to everything.
It took me a really long time to learn that I love this life
And that it is not my enemy.
I have lost my hatred for life, for the world, and for myself.
I'm now looking for a brighter future
And I wish for the best.
My heart is no longer as cold as the stones on the snowy
ground.


STORY OF AN HOUR

"She always has that blaming look on her face, always looking for a way to ruin the day. She mistakes sarcasm for wit and never knows how or when to use it. I don't know why I married her. Maybe it was her face...or maybe I just wanted someone to control. This storm will make her hell to come home to. The power is out, phone service is gone, and my flight is cancelled. Louise will flip out, have a total psycho fit."

As the storm cleared, I boarded my plane, dreading the walk through that door. When the house was in sight, I sighed and forced a smile. The dooorknob turned with ease and as it opened, there was my wife, Lousie, with papers in her hand. Divorce papers. "Cheater!'', she screamed and threw the papers at me. My heart gave in and darkness overtook me. My weak heart had seen it's last beat.


THURSDAY NIGHT DINNER


I hate the way my older sister always finds something to fight about with my parents.
"Why can't you ever cook good food?", she says to my mother.
My mom is usually always in a bad mood. Lydia always seems to make it worse.
"Why can't you ever do anything you are supposed to do?", she says back as if she's ready to throw fire at my sister.
"I do. Sometimes."
"Well, you need to do it all the time, and not half-ass it."
"Can I take my dinner to my room?"
My dad gives her that look, the expression on his face that means she better shut-up.
"No, you can sit here with us."
At this point, Lydia does everything she can to make them send her to her bedroom. I have done it many times, who hasn't? I'll never admit that to anyone. Not even to my girlfriend, Briana.
When sister does not get her way, she gets really quiet for a while. Sometimes I wonder if I really want to know what is going on in her head or not. She is probably thinking of new ways to make everyone around her miserable. Or maybe she's thinking about her worthless, good-for-nothing boyfriend. He is such a loser.
Then my mom asks her, "What's wrong with you?"
Lydia will then mumble something quietly to herself.
"Excuse me, what was that?", mom says.
"Nothing. I didn't say anything."
"Yes you did. Don't lie to me", my mom says as she starts to raise her voice.
"I don't feel good, and this food is disgusting. Can I please go to my room now?"
"Go. I don't want to see you again until tomorrow."
"Fine. You won't." Lydia goes to her room and slams the door.
I finish my dinner and take a shower. I'm thinking about calling Briana. Maybe she'll brighten this long, stressful day.



BEAU(REMEMBER

When I was only four years old, the most tragic experience of my life occurred. My beloved cousin, Beau, died. He was just seventeen, a senior in high school. He did not even get to see his senior pictures before he died.
Beau was in a car with a drunk driver and was sitting on the edge of the window when the driver when off the gravel back-road and into a ditch. He was in the passenger side of the vehicle, and unfortunately, the side that was face down to the ground. He was killed instantly.
Being only four, I guess I don't remember him very well. I do, however, remember being around him. He used to babysit me. I remember exactly how his room looked and smelled. I still think about him everyday. And because of him, I am a better person. I am very much against alcohol, no matter what the age.
A lot of things have gone very wrong in my life, and could have been much worse. I believe he is watching over me.


PHOTO ALBUM
He is very sensitive
His heart is as weak as mine,
and he bottles his pain inside
He has been through so much
His parents don't want him around
He spends his days alone,
sitting in that dark room
I know he loves me
He loves me very much
He has told me so
many times throughout these five years
I am happily in love with him
He has always been there for me


WHY I WILL NOT GET OUT OF BED
If I never get out of bed
My wounds will eventually heal
The pain will soon subside
The scars might go away
That I tried so hard to hide
But the memories will never fade
The proof will always show

The Notebook (My Alter Ego){u/}
I was having an awful day. I had spilled all of my cereal down my shirt this morning, tripped over my own feet while walking to school, and now my bus has broken down in the start of an ice storm. It is far below freezing, and my hopeless self is definitely not about to attempt the almost two mile walk home. My life is just lovely. Can’t you tell? This is exactly why I hate living in this small, close-knit, downright nosy town.
As I was sitting in the second seat on the driver’s side of the bus, working on my latest writing project, I felt a warm breath on the back of my neck. I turned around to see a rather thin girl with light brown hair and beautiful, lizard green eyes.
“Whatcha writing?”, she asked as I kept my eyes to my notebook.
“A story for my creative writing class”, I replied without looking up at her. She then stood up from her seat and sat next to me.
“I’m October. I’m new.”
“Im sorry.”
“It’s not that bad, really.”
October continued to talk, as I continued to not listen. There was certainly something strange about her. Something that seemed…secretly sinister. Something that appeared to be the exact opposite of me. I would have never had the guts to talk to someone I didn’t know. Especially, someone like me. I absolutely hate this place, and I make sure everyone knows that. October, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying this place.
Haha. She is in for a rude awakening.

© Copyright 2009 TheSweetestSin (thesweetestsin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1607651-CLASS-ASSIGNMENTS