*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608657-Working-Title
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1608657
Evil Summer Camp From HELL
It was shaping up to be one of the hottest summers in history. Outside the thermometer read ninety-two, and it was 7 in the morning. I had just gotten up and was sitting at the computer job hunting. I had a smoke in one hand and an iced coffee in the other. I drink coffee every morning but lets be serious here; who in their right mind is going to add heat to their body when its already ninety two degrees?
As I said, I was online job hunting. The problem with job hunting in this day and age is that the employer wants you to show initiative and pester them till they call you. The only problem with that is that no matter how many times you pester and bug them they never call you back. Its always the same line "we take out applications so-and-so. Ive already applied, then you should get a call from us any day now." Its really tireing.
As I was sipping my latte I happened to notice a posting for a summer camp counselor. I took the bait and clicked. What came up on the screen was the most beautiful job I had ever seen. It payed almost a full years wages for four months of work. I couldnt help but apply. Two hours later I got a call.

"Hello?"
"Yes is this Chris?"
"It is."
"Great. My name is Sylvia Gerard. I work for Shining Pines Summer Camp? I just read you application and I must say, you are just what we are looking for."
"Really?"
"Yeah.
© Copyright 2009 Leather Apron Jack Hebron (thrax17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608657-Working-Title