*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608669-Kevin-and-Lance
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1608669
Kevin must deal with his muscular younger brother Lance who is getting stronger...
My name is Kevin Sherman and I want to tell you about me and my little brother, Lance. First, let me tell you all about me and the rest of my family.



I was born in Coyote Creek over seventeen years ago, where I had lived all my life. I’m in high school now, I’m five-foot-six-inches tall and I play baseball and basketball in school. I have short, spiky black hair and blue eyes. For about ten years or so I was the only child in the family, so I was used to getting all the attention in the house.



My mom works as a manager for a clothing store in Sunrise Mall in downtown Coyote Creek and my dad is in the Air Force. Both my parents are hard workers, and they are barely home, which explains why they were separated eventually right after my little brother was born.



Anyway, like I was saying, I was the only kid in the house until suddenly my mom became pregnant again. My father was home very infrequently, so it was just amazing how she became pregnant. After nine months, she gave birth, and my new baby brother was the biggest baby I had ever seen in my life! My parents named him Lance. He was big, fat, and loud! He cried and wailed loudly at night, and he ate like a pig. My goodness!



About a year after Lance was born, my dad had to spend more time working in Tucson, since he was station at the Air Force Base there. My mom didn’t want to give up her good job for moving to another city, so they decided to split up. I was busy with school, so grandma would come over and watch me and Lance when I got home from school. Oh boy, that was fun!



Lance started to grow like a weed. First off, he ate more than I did, when I was a baby. He would be hungry as soon as he finished his bottle, and grandma couldn’t prepare his next bottle fast enough for him! Then, he would go to sleep, just to wake up hungry again, a few hours later. A few months later, he would be big enough to have baby food, and he would go through food like crazy! Not to mention the quantity of diapers he would make dirty every day!



As the weeks turned to months, and the months became years, I would see Lance grow bigger and bigger, almost right before my very eyes! Not only did he grow much bigger by the time he was two years old, but his arms and legs became thicker as well. His chest already started to bulge a little bit, as baby-muscles began to form on his limbs and his torso. It was as if his muscles couldn’t wait to sprout all over his body! It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen in my life!



When Lance turned four, I entered high school, so I just became too busy with school to give my little bro much attention. I was ten years older than him, and I had my own life while I had a little baby bro crawling around the carpet of the house. He would be in his room and playing with his Lego’s while I was busy studying, writing papers, preparing for tests, or out at the gym lifting weights or at baseball practice. When I came home from school, grandma already had dinner ready, and once mom came home, we would all eat, and I would retire to my bedroom and have my door closed.



Even though I wouldn’t see much of Lance during the day, I began to notice changes in him. Every day as I came home from school and from baseball practice, he would seem… bigger. And I don’t necessarily mean taller, but wider! It was like somebody had attached a pump to his muscles and set it to slowly inflate every muscle in his body. He seemed to grow more muscular over time, to the point where it became freakish as his seventh birthday rolled around, over the summer right as I was off to leave for summer baseball camp and right before my senior year in high school.



Mom had sent me to baseball camp at the end of May, just after Lance’s seventh birthday. I went with a busload of twenty other guys to camp in Phoenix, which was about a hundred miles away from Coyote Creek. We were going to stay there for about ten weeks, and I would stay with my aunt Dorine in between the various sessions. I had no idea what to expect, once I would come back to Coyote Creek once camp was over.



As camp had come to a close, mom had driven up to come and get me, and on the way back, she told me that school was going to start another two weeks later due to renovations. I had two weeks left of summer vacation, so I could work on cleaning up my room and fixing up my old Volkswagen, which I had gotten the year before, when I had received my driver’s license as soon as I turned sixteen. I was about to turn seventeen, and I was thrilled to finally own my own car.



The only part of the deal that I had not counted on was that I had to take care of my little brother, Lance. But mom didn’t think of it as a problem, since Lance had been really good all summer long, and he was very well behaved. I just had to make sure he did all his homework, as soon as he came home from school, and I had to make sure he had enough to eat. How hard could that be?



When we got home, I opened the door to the kitchen and walked in to the living room. Lance got up and ran to greet me, with a huge grin on his face. I can’t say I was fully prepared, for what I saw standing before me.



I had expected to see a young, little seven-year-old boy with short, black hair. Instead, there was a five-foot-tall, super-muscular behemoth standing before me, with thick arms, bulging biceps, a huge chest, and washboard abs. He was only wearing his khaki shorts and sandals on his feet, so he was showing off his muscular body in all its glory.



“Hi Kevin! Welcome home!!” he cheered, as I walked in the door. “I missed you so much!”



“Whoa!” I gasped, when I saw the little muscle-man standing before me. “Look at you!”



Before I could say another word, he wrapped his thick, muscular arms around my torso, and he embraced me in a powerful bear-hug. Then, he easily lifted me off the floor! I felt my feet leave the ground, as he carried all one-hundred and eighty-five pounds of me in the air, like it was nothing at all.



“It’s been so quiet in the house without you, it was so boring!” Lance chuckled, as he craned his neck so he could look up to me. In the meantime, I felt him squeeze the life out of me, thanks to his iron grip.



“Uuuhhh… Lance… You’re… crushing… me…” I groaned. He held me so tight, I could barely breathe!



“Sorry, Kev!” he laughed, as he loosened his grip before he set me down on the floor. “I’m just happy you’re back!” he said, as he backed off.



Mom came back to the kitchen with a few items in her hand. She was always busy, doing three things at the same time. She had her cell phone in one hand, and her bag and her car keys in the other.



“Now, you boys be nice, okay?” she said to us. “I have to run back to the store and put out another fire. I won’t be home till nine o’clock, you hear me? Here’s twenty Dollars for dinner…” she said, as she pulled out a twenty Dollar-bill and handed it to me.



“Oh, boy…” Lance sighed. “If she says she won’t be home until nine, then you can bet she won’t be home till after ten…”



“Now, you listen to Kevin, young man!” Mom said to Lance. “He’s your big brother, do you hear me?”



“Yes, mom…” Lance replied.



“And, Kevin, dear… Make sure Lance does his math homework… Buy some dinner for later… Call me if you need anything, okay?” mom said, as she walked towards the garage.



“No problem. See ya, mom…”



Mom closed the door and started the car. After a few moments, she drove off, and closed the garage door, using the remote.



I carried my suitcase to my bedroom and I unpacked all my clothes. I took care of all my dirty laundry, before I put the remaining clean clothes away. Then I got a new load of laundry started, before I walked out to the living room, where the TV was on and where I noticed that Lance was laying flat on the floor, with his notebook and his math book in front of him.



It was an amazing sight to behold. This was the first time I had a good look at my little brother. My goodness, he’s changed! I sat down on the couch to watch TV, but I couldn’t help but stare at the muscular body that lay on the carpet, off to the side. Since he was only wearing shorts, I could see his thick, muscular legs, spread out over the floor. You figure his legs belonged to one of the track stars from the Olympics!



His calves were as big and as round as softballs, or perhaps even bigger. It was as if someone had implanted huge spheres of muscle into the back of his legs. I could only wonder how high Lance was able to jump, with those monsters? His quads were very wide as well, like thick, hard layers of muscle. He almost had the legs of a professional athlete!



Then you could see his narrow waist, which would widen dramatically as you traveled from his waist to his neck. His body would practically become twice as wide, with thick lats supporting those huge, muscular arms, attached to those wide shoulders. You would think my little brother had the body of a gymnast or something. I swear he had no fat on him, only muscle! And he’s only seven years-old? This was freakish!



I decided to see what my little brother was doing, so I quietly got on the carpet, right next to him, flat on my stomach. As I looked over, I could see him writing with a pencil in his notebook, copying down numbers from his book, as he was doing his math problems. He was quietly reading his second-grade problems out loud, as he was copying them in his notebook.



“Problem Number three. Twenty-one plus fifteen equals… Thirty-six!” he said quietly. Then he would neatly write the answer in pencil. I just looked with wonder, as he pushed the point of his pencil across the paper with his hand, using his incredibly muscular arm. His biceps and triceps were bulging. It made me wonder, how could he possibly do anything at all, without using that incredible abundance of strength that he has locked up inside of all those muscles?



“Problem Number four…” he said, as he started to write the next problem. Suddenly, the lead tip of his pencil broke off.



SNAP!



“Awwww! Not again!” Lance sighed, as he turned his hand, so he could examine the broken tip of his pencil. “This is the third time today!”



“Well, why are you pressing down on your pencil so hard?” I asked him.



“I’m not pressing down so hard! These pencils are weak!” he grumbled, as he stared at me with a sad look on his face.



“Lance! That little lead pencil is no match for that huge bicep of yours!” I chuckled, as I wrapped my fingers around his bicep, on his left arm, and gave it a squeeze. My goodness, it felt like I was trying to grab hold of a bowling ball! His arm was thick, hard, and heavy!



“They need to make pencils out of steel or something…” Lance sighed, as he slowly stood up. “I’ll go get another one out of my room…”



I got up and sat back on the couch, flipping the channels on the TV set, looking for the latest news, when Lance came back from his bedroom with a new pencil in his hand. Rather than continue his homework, he tossed the pencil on his notebook on the floor, and then he dashed into the kitchen. After a few moments, I heard him calling out my name.



“Kev! Hey Kev!” he shouted. “Come here!”



I got up and walked over, finding him standing before a row of cupboards, and staring at one of the cupboards on the top shelf, which was clearly out of reach for either one of us.



“I saw mom hide a bag of delicious chocolate chip cookies in that cabinet up there!” he said with a mischievous grin, as he pointed at the cupboard with his muscular arm. “Wanna grab it?”



“Naw… Mom isn’t gonna be happy about that!”



“Oh, come on, Kev!” he replied. “I’m hungry! Plus, I’m in the mood for some cookies!”



“Lance! We’re gonna get a pizza in a bit, plus, we can’t get up there! We need a ladder to get up there!” I replied.



“No we don’t!” Lance replied. “We can get it ourselves!”



Before I could say anything else, I saw Lance dash behind me and then squat down. Then, I suddenly felt his big, thick fingers wrap around my ankles.



“Hey! Lance! What are you doing? Whaaa!” I shouted, as I felt my feet leave the ground.



Before I knew it, my little brother had lifted me off the ground, and raised me high enough, that I could easily reach the cupboard above the refrigerator.



“Get the cookies, Kev!” he ordered, while holding me suspended in the air, merely by lifting me by my ankles.



I had no choice but to obey my muscle-bro, and to open the cupboard. There they were; an unopened and sealed bag of chocolate chip cookies! I took the bag in my hand and closed the cupboard, before Lance slowly backed off, and gently squatted down on the floor, setting me back on my feet again.



“Yummm! Open it!” he commanded, as I quickly tore it open. They smelled delicious!



Lance grabbed a handful of them, and started eating them hungrily, as if he had never had cookies before. Was he so hungry, already?



“Take it easy, bro! The cookies won’t run away!” I said to him, as he practically grabbed the entire bag out of my hands.



Lance had an appetite of a lion, and it showed. He ate one cookie after another, and he practically finished the bag on his own. I was amazed that he didn’t have an ounce of fat on him!



“Leave some room for dinner, okay?” I said to him.



“No problem, Kev…” he replied. “You know me… I’m always hungry!”



Wow… I had to get used to this. Here I was, five-foot-six-inches tall, seventeen years old and one-hundred and eighty-five pounds, taking care of my seven year-old brother who looked like he weighed easily over two-hundred and fifty pounds of solid muscle with unbelievable strength, who has already lifted me off my feet twice in my first hour after coming home from baseball camp.



I had a feeling that things were going to get really interesting between me and Lance from this point forward. My little brother was already showing signs of being much stronger than me, and I began to feel the day approaching when I would no longer be the “big brother” in the house anymore.

© Copyright 2009 scriptboy (scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1608669-Kevin-and-Lance