*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610462-Death-Knell
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1610462
Jumping down into an abyss, and wondering how this all happened?
Am falling... falling down a cliff ..falling backwards ,with my eyes still glued to a person watching me from atop the cliff , with a smirk across his face. I have no sense of how this all happened ,who that guy is ? and why the bloody hell am i doing this skydiving act? instead of being in a movie theatre . The only thing i knew -- "i was gonna hit the floor in a few moments"..but strangely i wasn't at all scared , and was instead trying to figure out all those unexplained mysteries that my head was throbbing by now to solve, as if they really did matter and could evade the horrid fate i was gonna meet in moments. The darkness had engulfed everything and paralyzed me from having a glimpse of the place that was soon going to be my last visited site on this planet. Intending to try out some self-rescueing acts , i turned downwards and started flapping my arms...hoping they would produce some effect similar to that in birds,but in vain.I tried gliding with my hands stretching my shirt but to no effect.I gave up in desperation.Death was now inevitable and it was only a matter of time before i was gonna meet it. I was just hoping , this all to finish in a matter of seconds ,without any pain and without me being left as half-alive , handicapped for the rest of my life. Air was gushing through my ears as i was forcing myself against its buoyancy, assisted by the gravity and i felt like my heart had temporarily evacuated my body.But amid all this drama my hands were impassively busy fondling my bare legs as if they had nothing to do with whatsoever...And then , i touched the ground, with a "thud" i hit the floor. I tried closing my eyes (because that's what dead persons are supposed to do and i didn't wanted to break any rules atleast in my dying time)... but no.I wasn't able to do so and my hands had increased their fondling fantasy with my legs , scratching to be precise. I looked around , the dark ambience still persisted, but interestingly i was now able to figure out the hazy outlines of some objects around me. Rubbing my eyes i struggled to get a better view. There was this Cot right above me and some furniture spread around. In a few moments , everything seemed to make sense. I just had an down-to-hell dream , concocted by a weird psychic mind in reference to the free-fall i had from my bed. And these vampire mosquitoes had been kissing and making late night parties on my legs all the time making my hands to shoo them away with a knight's chivalrousness.An air-puffed effigy of spider-man was swaying from side to side suspended mid-air from the ceiling with a crooked smile adoring its face. I stood up smiling and ruffling my hair , had a glass of water to cool down my tensed insides , and returned myself back to bed , happily surrendering to my psychic dream-concocter once again.
© Copyright 2009 mesmerizer (mesmerizer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1610462-Death-Knell