*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611565-The-House-in-Falls
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1611565
Laura's husband and sister were having an affair then come up dead.
Tracy was a sweet, intelligent girl who would have went far in life; except for an inncident she never foresaw. She was a junior at Falls High School and editor of the school news paper. Tracy wanted to do an article on an old, abandonded farm house about a mile down the road from the high school.

It was said to be haunted by a previous owner, Scott Hall and then his sister-in-law Betty Conley. The story goes that Laura came home from her job as a teacher at Falls HIgh School and found her husband in bed with her sister. Judy Smith just so happened to be with Laura when Laura caught them. It was told that Laura went back to Judy's house to stayed the night there. When Laura came home the next day they say that she found her husband and sister dead. The cops arrived and found the two bodies slumped over on the bed with eyes wide open. While everyone thinks Laura did this, there was never enough proof to convict her. After the investigation was closed, Laura moved to some place else and never returned. Judy on the other hand never talked to anyone about what happen. She kept to her self and rarely went out. They say she helped Laura get revenge.

Tracy knew this story well but wanted to know more of the details about that night. She went to Judy's house but the only thing Judy would say is that they were going to Hell. Tracy went back to her house to search on the internet to see if she could find Laura. She couldn't find a single article except for the ones on her before she left town.

The next day she went back to Judy's house to see if she could try again to get something else out of her. When she knocked on the door there was no answer but her door was partly opened. To her suprise, Judy was slumped on her chair with eyes wide open. She clutched a journal in her hand. Tracy called the police and started to read the journal as she waited.
"We found Scott and Betty in bed together. Laura and I backed out of the house quietly before they could notice we were there. Once we got back to my house, Laura went crazy. So we started to plot revenge."

All of a sudden Tracy heard a noise that sounded like Judy's voice. "GET OUT NOW" She started running towards the door but then she tripped on something. Before she could get up, she felt hands go around her neck.

The police finally got there only to find Judy slumped in the chair, eyes wide open and Tracy slumped by the door, eyes wide open. The journal was nowhere to be found. The cops keep their deaths still unsolved. Who killed them? Was it Laura trying to keep her secret or some other cause. Nobody knows.

© Copyright 2009 Jennifer (pyroangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611565-The-House-in-Falls