*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612015-You-Sew-What-You-Rip
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1612015
Humorous Story, Religious, Historical Fiction
When the Apostle Paul visited Corinth, he stayed with Aquila and Priscilla, who were tent-makers.  Being from Tarsus, Paul was familiar with tent-making, and he offered to help the couple.

When he began working with the needle and thread, the  fabric began to tear. He tried sewing the rip, only to have it tear more.  And the more it tore, the more Paul grumbled and muttered under his breath.

This went on for a while, and eventually, Aquila and Priscilla asked Paul why he was having so much trouble.

Paul put down the now-shredded fabric, the needle and thread.  Shaking his head, the Apostle said, "I should have known this would happen."

"Oh, come now, Paul." said Priscilla.  "How could you possibly have known the fabric would tear?"

"Because," Paul answered, "In the book of Galatians, Chapter 6, Verse 7, it says, 'For Whatever a Man is Sewing, This He Will Also Rip.'"



[Note;  Actually, Galations 6:7 reads, "For whatever a man is SOWING, this he will also REAP;"]
© Copyright 2009 MitchTheJoker (mitchelyerzy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612015-You-Sew-What-You-Rip