*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612621-Sleepless-Hollow-Prison
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1612621
For Writer's Cramp
I walked to my last meal.
The cafeteria was frigid, yet somehow comforting. Maybe it's just me, and maybe i'm just going insane.

It doesn't matter anymore. I'm going to die in 2 hours. I better fill you in on how this is all going to happen.

Sleepless Hollow was a nice peaceful place. As the name suggested, it was a small, cozy town that had no real conflicts, and no real crime.

That is, until General Emantes came in.

General Emantes was a greedy, cash grabbing man. He slowly bought his way into making Sleepless Hollow industrial-based. Anyone who opposed him were sent to Sleepless Hollow prison, which had so many prisoners that they executed them in 2 hours of arriving in the prison. So far, around 5 thousand prisoners have been executed. The authorities can't even touch him. They don't have proof of his crimes; Sleepless Hollow Prison is inside his mansion- right around the back. He never lets anyone but the convicts into this wretched place. I opposed him because he was turning our town into a wasteland. Stupid idea.

But that is all going to change. I'm writing this down on a slip of paper. Apparently, there is a window beside the mechanism that kills people (It's not exactly humane- but only one person has survived it and lived to tell the tale, so I wouldn't know any better) and I'm going to throw it out the window before I die. Hopefully, somebody will get a hold of it and stop this man before he kills anyone else.

Sleepless Hollow is already dead, But the people all aren't.

A guard walked up to me. I quickly slipped the paper in my pocket. I felt a jolt on my shoulder and felt drowsy.

When I woke up, I found myself tied up to a table with two menacing looking machines above me.

"Message for you, General" a guard above me said.
"It can wait. I'm ready for my transplant, Greg." a voice said across the room
And then the machine came down. I finally figured it out- he used us to get new organs, if his were failing. He would live longer than any man...
Luckily, I already threw the paper out the window when nobody was looking. I would win. He would lose. As the machine came down; I heard the final last words from the guard...

"Rioting- The only way to win is not to do it at all."
© Copyright 2009 KermaTheGreat (kerma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612621-Sleepless-Hollow-Prison