*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613584-Predators
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1613584
Two predators stalk each other. (Flash Fiction)
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.


The prompts: This story must contain the words: door, hidden, liar


Predators

“Don’t worry, I won’t bite,” he lied. His tail, taped down to his inner leg, twitched in excited anticipation.

Sam held open the door for his date. She was obviously hesitant to “come in for coffee” with a man she had only met just a couple of hours earlier.

She didn’t believe him for a minute, but she had hidden plans of her own.

“It’s just that I have never done anything like this before.”

He smiled hungrily. Her naive, innocent-like demur exited him. She was going to be his prize possession; at least until the next victim came along.

She could see that he was barely able to hold himself back. He had bought the entire “Little Miss Sweetness” package while she could see him for what he was. It just meant she was a better liar than him. Still, she was no less hungry; no less dangerous.

In they went. With much flourish, he set about preparing a couple of drinks from the bar. As he added some crushed ice, their eyes met across the room. He offered her a small kiss which she playfully caught and brought to her cheek.

One drink led to another and to another. Eventually, it all led to “Let me freshen up for a minute while you slip into something more comfortable.”

Sam liked the sound of that. He went back into his room to make sure the trap was ready. A single bite was all he needed. Sure, he could do it anytime, but it was more pleasurable when they asked for it.

She looked in the bathroom mirror. The blood-lust gripped her. The Queen of the Vampires would dine on werewolf blood tonight.

Sam came out of his bedroom as she exited the hallway bathroom.

It was time to feast.

Word count 300

© Copyright 2009 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1613584-Predators