*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614055-The-station
Rated: E · Fiction · Environment · #1614055
I made this at school and also posted it on DA ^^
I hear the steady drip, drip, drip of a leak in the roof. A scuttling sound could be heard in the pristine silence of the old station. Probably a mouse or rat. On the floor, rubbish was strewn about, covering the ground like the thick snow had outside. I take a step forwards into the station, the sound of my footsteps echoing from, wall to wall in this abandoned place of arrivals and departures.

The silence seemed to be pushing upon me, as I was an unwanted guest, disturbing the many years of peace and quiet. Wallpaper hung from the walls and plaster was on the ground, had fallen from the walls. I could see where others like me had been, fresh new graffiti upon the ancient canvas of the dilapidated station, mixing the modern styles, with the old architecture.

Looking around, I could almost see where the people before me would have stood, as if preserved in the silence. I could see what it would have looked like back then, the walls a vibrant red, instead of the dirtied grey. The floors would have been so clean you would have been able to see your own reflection, but now all you could see was grime and litter. The massive stone arches would have been illuminated by the now broken lights.

The old train remained, like a great hulking monster, too old to continue, come to rest here. It remained silent now, old and dirty, left to the mercy of time by us. So we could move on to newer, faster trains. This metal behemoth, had lost its shine, and it looked as lifeless as the rest of the station, its wheels where rusted and covered in cobwebs. The interior, had not been touched either. The red curtains and carpet now dilapidated and greyed by time, hung loosely now, as if acknowledging their age.

This place seemed to change before my eyes, as I went deeper, the more ancient and forgotten it seemed. I felt as though I where intruding into an ancient burial ground or even one of the great pyramids of Egypt, still standing, having withstood the test of time.

A gust of win from outside kicked up the loose paper and other litter on the ground. As if the spirit of an old train had just rushed though. Almost as though trying to bring the place alive with the movement, and sound of rustling paper.

As quickly as the movement had started, it stopped, and silence returned once more to the old dilapidated structure. I stood in silence, the silence wrapped around me, almost as though I had become part of this place and it wouldn't let go. I walked towards the door.

I turned for one last look at this old place of arrivals and departures, I felt almost sad at the state it had fallen into, as if it had been forgotten by everyone. This place was probably a place where many important people had come and gone, now no one would ever arrive on the ancient train.

Taking on final look at the aged station, I walked through the door into the cold snow. Leaving the station in silence once more.
© Copyright 2009 ur face (silver500 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614055-The-station