*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614996-Decode
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1614996
I was listening to Decode by Paramore while writing this. I wish, I wish it makes sense!
It was dark. She sat alone on a stool, guitar in hand. She looked up at the dark abyss. She inhaled a deep breath of the nothingness devouring her before hitting a chord, which echoed eerily. “How can I decide what’s right, when your clouding up my mind” she sang “Can’t win your losing fight, all the time” Suddenly a piano came out of nowhere, with Volarno at it’s ivory keys. Or at least what appeared to be Volarno, except he had no face. “Nor could I ever own what’s mine, when you’re always taking sides” she continued. “But you won’t take away my pride, no not this time. Not this time” Luna suddenly joined in. Or a similar faceless entity with the external appearance of Luna. Giselle got off her chair, kicking it to the ground. “How did we get here? When I used to know you so well? How did we get here? Well I think I know” She held the ‘know’ before pausing for Volarno’s piano. Her voice turned soft once more. “The truth is hiding in your eyes. And it’s hanging on your tongue. Just boiling in my blood. But you think that I can’t see what kind of man you are. If you’re a man at all.” Luna began to harmonize with Giselle. “Well, I will figure this one out on my own. On my own” As Luna sang ‘I’m screaming I love you so’ a light appeared, showing the inside of the Erebus’ castle. She ran towards it, never missing a beat “My thought you can’t decode” She threw her guitar behind her, kneeling down. She could still the chords being struck, but didn’t know where. She saw Volarno, the real one, sitting on his throne, melancholy. “How did we get here?” she sang. He heard her voice and got up to look behind him where the noise was coming from. “When I used to know you so well? How did we get here? Well, I think I know” He looked at the portal Giselle was appearing through. Then, one of Volarno’s guards entered and took him away by the arm. Luna continued to vocalize and the fake Volarno kept playing his piano . Solomon entered with a violin, playing it flawlessly. The portal grew dim as the image of Volarno disappeared. It became bright again, showing a burning city with Zander and Luna suspended in midair, fighting. “Do you see what we’ve done?” Luna looked over at the gateway Giselle had appeared in, faceless bodies grabbing her in a longing manner. “We’re gonna make such fools of ourselves” Both the twins began to advance on the portal as it slowly began to close. “Do you see what we’ve done?” Luna reached out just as it sealed shut, making the space black again. “We’re gonna make such fools of ourselves” Suddenly the floor disappeared from beneath her, turning to dust along with the faceless entities. She was falling into an even darker abyss. The depths of hell itself. She began to vocalize, never losing the tune to her song. “How did we get here? When I used to know you so well? How did we get here? Why won’t you show yourself?” Suddenly tentacle as black as night shot up from below dragging her down. “I think I know” she continued as the tentacles flipped her over, her back facing what she assumed to be the bottom. It pulled her down faster, her body bouncing against the ground. She could feel the arms engulfing her. The song never stopped playing as all this was happening. Just before they covered her mouth she managed to get out “There is something I see in you. It might kill me, but I want it to be true” she finished just as the tentacles dragged her under.
© Copyright 2009 Margaret Emaline (maggie-san at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1614996-Decode