*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615072-Proof-of-God
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1615072
If one trys to be truthful about how we "Prove" things .... we never do.
The question is not whether there is or isn't a God, . . . but is there proof?

On “Springer” when they want one side to win they set some unstable genetic fragment up to defend the losing side. On this subject we may all fit the category. I've spent time around scientists and creative freethinking people. There are few who believe straight up church dogma, even less who believe in no spirituality. Faith seems to be the issue. Atheists have faith in science? Religious have faith in a supreme spirit. Seems the agnostics are the only ones that can prove they're stance. Agnostics or "Not Knowers" don't know. The rest claim to… what?

One issue is the structure of " Proof " and what is considered " Proof ". Most is based on 5 senses and the rest on democratic and technocratic consensus. That is, if we all see it it's real.... that other guy takes the medicine. If all but one scientist feels that the sun circles the earth we don't buy the odd guys book or we burn him at the stake. Under the current set of proofs.... love cannot be proved.

Consider... Man is superior to the computer in certain respects, since we created it and not visa versa. If we wanted a true calculation from a computer we would have to run multiple tests to get a higher validity value. The more tests the higher the rating of it not being a mal-function, So if we asked 6 billion people if there is a supreme being... that would be considered 6 billion tests. It's considerably more than 90%. That doesn’t make it true, only popular. These people make up the intellectual community as well and of similar demographics. The problem is folks who want to tell people what to do and claim ‘God said’ or tell another what to feel or think. The idea that an omni present, all-powerful, creator of all couldn't or wouldn't also create evolution would be a contradiction. All is All.

What we have proved in history is ... People love to push people around. People love to promote ideas that fit or make them comfortable. People will change the peg if the hole isn’t' right or change the hole if the peg won't change. We are not comfortable with NON SOLUTION. We will take wrong answers in lieu of no answers. The words " I DON"T KNOW" are intellectual sin.

It seems there is more we don't know than do. There is more to be done than has been done. On any given second there is more in front of us than we can take in or account for. Basically we are bathed in ignorance, so the human mind truly works off of estimates, guesstimates and hunches.

It would be easier to believe that there was a God and we didn't see it than to say we know there isn't without any doubt. Maybe folks that do or don't believe might seriously examine what they think and feel. Have a unique individual experience. Then be open. Regardless, let’s be kind to one another.

© Copyright 2009 bpathos (bpathos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615072-Proof-of-God