*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615408-One-Remembered
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Prose · Tribute · #1615408
The forgotten are the ones who made the very pavement we walk on today!
Standing at the corner waiting for the light to change, watching people and cars go by, candid stares and snubs is what she receives, by society, the very people who put her there, but she's use to it, life for her was mayhem, abandoned by faith, left alone with nothing to take, no parents, no siblings, not a dam bit of family, who will take care of her, who will see her through each day, God Can, Angels can, but she can't see them, heavy heart, empty heart, she feels there's no help in sight.

On the opposite side of town, there stands an old man, maybe 70 years or better, all he ever wanted was to feel needed, a veteran, our war hero and one of the lost souls, that when he came home, was tossed out with Friday’s garbage, never to be seen or heard from again, his wife and kids kept his memories unburied, hoping to hug him again, perhaps he died in the war, perhaps he went missing in action, he's here, he's alive but no one seems to care, he wishes he could remember his name, his former life, he thought, must have been great, surviving on his own, so cold, so alone, all those wasted years to get what he's gotten, America stand up, take a look, he's not just a chapter in the 'States' unwanted history books, sort it out, scream and shout, for our true hero’s, what is there to debate, just another lost soul, for him, help will have come too late, it's Friday and he won't make it through this day.

Remember that old lady, let's call her Faith, living ON the world, but not in it, it's a hard time for soft souls, there's no waiting no time to prepare, help should have been on the way yesterday and today, for the true hero's anyways, but greed and hate took the plate, growing pockets was in first place, the forgotten...mislead, cheated, and deceived, left for no one to honor and doomed from the start, where law and order should have been their default, unto which the 'States' governments so willing gave, our real hero’s, a teacher and a mother, she's taught and brought some of life’s most precious gifts, but a curse bestowed upon her, and the greed that the government tries to hide, there's no where to run, for Faith, life, love and time was not on her side.
© Copyright 2009 SympleLife (syrendepity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615408-One-Remembered