*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616133-Beautiful-Soul-Chapters-12
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1616133
Bout a vamp that falls for a Dhampire, that doesn't know what she is. check every so often
Chapter 1.
I could feel my heart stop, then pick up double time. (Well if it could.) She sent me a smile and the fist that was holding up my chin fell and I had to lurch backwards to keep myself from falling out of my chair.
My best friend Daniel laughed and said, "Nice one, Jeremiah."
"Shut up, Danni, before I shut your mouth for you."
He laughed again then went back to his essay. I banged my head against the desk and cussed under my my breath as my thirst spiked. Being a vampire and going to high school sucked.
"Why does everyting have to be so.. complicated," Danni muttered.
"What?"
"Nothin'," he said, running his hands through his hair.
"Girl problems?... Oh, wait, you'd have to have a girl to have girl problems." I chuckled when Danni glared at me.
"Shut up, Jere. Before I knock your teeth out."
"Really Daniella? I doubt you could."
"Fine, we settle this rodeo style," he challenged.
"What? Me kickin' your ass at barrels and broncs... oh, and bulls?"
"No, but yes. Hey, the new girl keeps sneakin' glances at you."
I looked up at her and smiled. "Hey."
She blushed but responded with a laugh. With a shove from her friend she walked over to me and Danni. "Hey."
"Hey," I smirked. "Me and my friend here were wondering if you and Taylor would come hang out with me and him at my barn. Wanna?"
"I'll consult with Tay and get back to you. By the way, what's your name?"
"Jeremiah. But you can call me Jere. And your name exscapes me, also."
"Melody. Mel." With that she turned on her heel and walked back to Taylor.
"Your staring and when did we make those plans. Not that I object or anything. I mean, Taylors HOT!"
"You said that pretty loud and now she's blushing bigger than shit."
"Wow, guys. Smooth!" Mr. Gramling snickered. He was the baseball coach and probably the youngest teacher in Washington High.
"Hey, at least I can get a date!" Danni yelled to him.
"I'm married."'
"Oh, Danni boy! Burn!" I yelled.
"Shut up, Jere!"
"Fine,be that way!"
"I will, then."
* * *
"Jere!" I called his name and he immediately stopped. "Wait up for me and Tay."
"Yeah?" he asked as I stopped beside him. Tay beside Danni.
"We'll take you up on your earlier offer." "Pressure" by Paramore trilled from my back pocket. Immediately I grabbed it and took off towards my big Western Hauler, Taylor on my heels.
"They want us to follow them."
"'Kay."
We followed them. Taylor rode with me and Danni with Jere. We pulled into a big gravel pit, that held at least ten rigs bigger than mine.
"He's rich." My jaw dropped as I looked around. "There goes my hopes."
"What do you mean, Mel? You saw how he treated you. He nearly fell out of his chair when you smiled at him. He likes you. REALLY likes you."
"Fine then. We'll show him how real girls ride."
When I parked, Jeremiah opened my door for me and Danni did the same for Taylor.
"Thank you, Jere."
"Your welcome, Mel." He led us to the barn and stopped infront of a buckskin. "You know how to ride, right? I don't have to ride behind you, right?
"In your dreams, Jere."
Chapter2
"Wow, the girl can ride." Danni laid a hand on my shoulder from his mount. In silence we watched as Melody and Taylor raced back to us from across the pasture. Mel wore my hat, she had stolen it after she mounted Danger. The buckskins coat matched her hair and they weren't running. They were gliding.
© Copyright 2009 colton lea (coltonlea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1616133-Beautiful-Soul-Chapters-12