*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617111-The-Brilliancy-of-Sunrise
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1617111
The first chapter of an original novel starring Rose, Ryxen, and Rayven McGilligan.
"Ryxen! Goddamnit. What are you doing? Let's go!" Rose McGilligan muttered under her breath as she stomped up the stairs in search of her younger sister. Swinging her arms angrily at her sides, she stormed upstairs and burst through Ryxen's bedroom door. Ryxen leapt to her feet, shocked. "Rose!"
Rose, Ryxen, and Rayven McGilligan were twin sisters that shared a three-bedroom house near Old Wier Bridge in County Killarney, Ireland. They all had inherited their mother's long straight black hair, clear pale skin, slim athletic figures, and piercing emerald-green eyes that flashed in the light, but they all bore completely different personalities.
Rose was the oldest by three minutes, followed by Rayven and then Ryxen. Rose was the serious sister, always focused on her work and doing everything she could to keep the house spotless. Ryxen was more childlike, preferring to spend her hours at nightclubs partying with drunken college students. Rayven was more conservative; she preferred to sit at home with a good book and a glass of wine or a plate of chocolate.
Rose bared her teeth angrily at her youngest sister, taking a tiny thrill in the way Ryxen cowered. "What are you still doing undressed, Ryx?" Rose asked menacingly, eyeing her sister, who was still clad in an tank top and panties.
"I'm sorry, Rose," Ryxen replied, hurrying to dress. "I overslept."
"This is my first weekend off from work in ages," Rose snapped. "I want to enjoy myself, not have to wait around for my sisters to get themselves together."
"The place will still be there when we get there," Rayven chimed in from behind Rose. "It's not going to blow up in the next half hour because we're a little late."
"Doesn't matter," Rose scowled. "If you two aren't ready in the next five minutes, I'm leaving without you!" She slammed Ryxen's door so hard that several pictures fell off the walls and broke all over the floor. Ryxen just sighed, shook her head, and hurried faster.
Five minutes later, Rayven and Ryxen found Rose waiting for them in the living room. They took a quick glance and realized that they were all wearing the same outfits: black leather corsets and tight-fitting leather pants under calf-high black leather boots. Rose suddenly chuckled. "Sorry I snapped on you two," she said apologetically. "I've just been under a lot of stress with work and...and everything."
Her sisters shared a meangingful glance. "We understand, Rose," Rayven answered soothingly. "We're dealing with the same thing you are."
"I know, but I still shouldn't have blown up like that."
"It's fine, Rose. Ready? Let's go." The three McGilligan sisters strolled out into the dark streets of Northampton, fully prepared to face the night.
Tonight of all nights was special to the McGilligan sisters, for they were not normal human beings. They were vampires, bred and born from their pure vampire parents, and took great pride in their heritage. The place where they were headed, a dark and secretive place in the woods, was home to a meetingplace where hundreds of vampires from all over the world came to visit and discuss their experiences in the human world.
The sisters arrived at the meeting right on time and took their places, taking a few seconds to say hello to all of their friends. Just out of nowhere, a silent hush fell over
© Copyright 2009 Crystal Frost (crystalfrost66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617111-The-Brilliancy-of-Sunrise