*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617910-There-was-a-bee-trapped-in-my-window
by Lucy_B
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #1617910
There was a bee trapped in my window...
There was a bee trapped in my window, the buzzing sound woke me up. This was around 6 am, and I had partook of a number of alcoholic beverages the previous day (not enough for the bee to cause me a near fatal sadness, but enough to upset me in that tired, dodgy feeling way). There is a hole in the mosquito net portion of my window, and the poor little fellow must have drifted away from the flowers swaying near by and unwittingly flown through the hole placing itself between the glass and the net. Now furiously bewildered at not being free to roam as it had just a minute ago, it buzzed with an angry insistence. I tried to pretend, as the noise stopped for a minute and I turned my head on the pillow, the situation had resolved of its own accord, yes what a happy outcome. But of course the poor attentive bee to its necessary task would begin work again after a break. So after about 10 minutes (….how long it really was could be debated) I succumbed to his distressing cry, with an empty glass ashtray the bee was trapped only temporarily and I maneuvered the way towards the hole in the mosquito net for him. He buzzed once more for a second, then was lost amongst the calls of the noisy morning birds, who had clocked on for their usual early morning rise.

© Copyright 2009 Lucy_B (lucy_b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1617910-There-was-a-bee-trapped-in-my-window