*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618338-The-little-sun-room
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kibbla
Rated: · Short Story · Dark · #1618338
Death is so sweet.
The little sun room.

By Kibbla




As I sit in the sun room. I watch the other people outside. My little brother playing on the shore, and my mother and father sit and watch him. I used to love this little room. It’s where I liked to read at night, smell the ocean. And of course eat popsicles. I remember when I moved here, I told my mom this was going to be my room. But that was all in the past. They have another child now, and I am to be soon forgotten. Why god? Why did you make them forget?
“I didn’t make them forget about you Anna.” God says as he strokes my hair out of my face. His eyes, they are looking into mine. God looks just like I imagined him as being. Strong. I look onto my family, and look at the life they built together since I have been gone. For those last 13 years.

One day I awoke to the feeling of being sick. It felt terrible. I was cold and asked my mother to keep me warm. It was summer, it was hot. She said I would overheat. I stayed sick for the whole summer. I was getting weaker by the seconds. I was soon put into the hospital. It became my home. I begged my mother to tell the doctors to let me leave. She said I was very sick. I just didn’t understand that I would die at only Thirteen years old. I had to leave my friends. My grandparents brought Mommy and Daddy flowers. Grandma cried as she stroked my head. Her tears fell onto my forehead. Tears escaped me as well.
I was about to die. I begged mom to hold my hand. My parents kissed me. A kiss from both of them. On each cheek. The last picture of me smiling and the last picture taken. My hair was little or no more. I had beautiful blonde hair. But it was gone. I looked out the window and into the blue sky. And I saw god. I saw him; he picked me up and took me. My mother cried for hours. I was afraid she’d die, heartbroken. My father didn’t talk for months.

“God make them happy. Make them happy. Please.” I asked god about a year later. He made my parents have another baby. And now that baby is grown. We would have made a good pair. We could have sat in the sun room together. And we could have been great together. Except now I’m just watching them all sit together. And I watch from my post in the sun room.
© Copyright 2009 Kibbla (kibbla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618338-The-little-sun-room