*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618464-Chasing-Shadows
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1618464
Just Some Rambling Thoughts from an idle reminiscing mind.
Chasing Shadows

For as long as humans have been on this piece of rock, that we call Earth, they have always chased shadows. Nobody can say for sure exactly what it is within these shadows that they chase because they have never caught up with them.

Many people grow old before their time and never get the chance to chase that ultimate shadow of what their life is all about.

While we keep thinking that we are always young, age will not be a worry to us no matter how much havoc that we have brought upon ourselves over the years. The only people that seem to think it's time we all grew up are those who don't know how to live their life to the full.

There are people in this world who think that as a person starts to get older then they should show a bit more respect for their years and to stop being young, well they got that one wrong straight up. The people who love to enjoy life to the full without worrying about the number of years that have gone or are still to come, are the ones who have the most shadows to chase.

Then there are those who want an absolutely perfect world where there are no rights or wrongs. They need everything to be orderly. Well, I'm sorry to say but they obviously have major problems within themselves.

Nobody is perfect just like this world, this universe and the infinite particles that makes up everything known and unknown. We all make mistakes and regrettably everybody make a few extra ones.

How anybody can live with wanting everyone and everything around them to be perfect is beyond comprehension. It is these types of people who don't believe in their dreams of what they would like to achieve if only they could. They also make strident attempts to suppress the dreams of those around them and those that are close to them, like their partners.

Dreams are what makes things happen because one day that dream could become a reality, it may not be in their immediate life time but it will eventually happen. These people see theirs as one of the shadows that they have been chasing.

If it were not for everyone on this planet chasing shadows we would not be where we are today. But then we must not forget that some of us by chasing our shadows have caused untold human and ecological suffering that has almost decimated this planet to the point of making it almost uninhabitable.

What mankind has to start doing is to begin to chase those shadows that will make this lifeboat, in the universe as we know it, a better place for the future generations. That will only occur when we start listening to the cries of the planet and its surrounding universe.

We have to stop killing the only known home we have albeit a young one at that. But then again no-one really knows how old this world really is or even for that matter how long mankind has roamed over its surface. Because the time-lines, as we know them, are being continually pushed back into the depths of time.

We need to look at our past evolutionary lines for it is said that some of our ancestors started out lacking the basics and then becoming exceptional, whereas others were the complete opposite. It is said that this evolutionary line that we have today started out lacking the basics whereas the line prior was the complete opposite.

What would happen to the world if sometime in the near future there was a major population or climate implosion? The signs are already visible in Indo-Asia, Euro-Africa and other countries that this is going to happen as has already happen in the past.

But again the people don't want to believe that this will happen because they want to refute the historical evidence.

The same goes with environmental changes that are now happening throughout the planet and the immediate universe. These are all natural cycles which have been distorted by mankind's continual abuse of the planet and its environment.

Mankind's continual need to rush the everyday needs of society is completely against the natural ways of doing things. It therefore leads to an encroaching sickness to the population as well as to the planet. If everybody just for once decided to slow down the pace of modern life to that of the natural cycle the amount of sickness worldwide would decrease substantially.

But then as the great poet Lord Tennyson once wrote "Ours is not to reason why", this seems to be the attitude of a vast majority of people. If everybody decided to reason why then what sort of place would we be living in now, well it would certainly be a vastly different place if not for the better.

So let's just get out there and chase our shadows and ask the reasons why things must be done a certain way, when a better and possibly cheaper alternative would be better.

We don't need to live by conflict as mankind has done millenniums past, we can live in harmony. But then those that have tried to have mankind live in harmony have nearly always paid dearly with their lives, their reputations and most of all their nations have been devastated to prevent that from happening.

Robert Aitken
© Copyright 2009 The Curiosity Shop (ice_maiden at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1618464-Chasing-Shadows