*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619400-The-Tree-By-Algozo
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Folklore · #1619400
The sheer size of the tree down by old Algozo was unmatched, but where did it come from?
They say there used to be a great, old oak tree down by the river Algozo. No one remembered that tree ever being planted there and no one had ever heard any stories about this old, gigantic oak tree which seemed to almost be alive. Overestimating the size of this tree would be almost impossible and a tree that big rarely goes without a story. The origins of it may have been unknown, but the natural curiosity and huge imaginations of humans always led to some kind story, a rumor, based on fact or not. One rumor was all you ever heard and it was almost always taken lightly.
It's said that that tree had been alive longer than anyone's ancestors and only a few had ever even heard truthful mention of where it came from, but those folk long passed. People used to come from all around to see it, to swing on it's branches, to have lunch under it's huge sprawling arms. Before the World War the tree was lively, was bright, light brown, who's branches were full to the brim and leaves filled the air and the ground when fall came. When the war had started, everyone couldn't help but notice it seemed to almost cringe at the horror of what was happening. The bark began to get dark and discolored, some say they even began to see faces in the bark but that is largely discredited. The branches losing their leaves, and some even breaking off. The tree looked so frail, so pained at the heartache, the tremendous tragedy humanity is destined to live. Humans could not help their ways.
When the war ended the tree began to slowly grow full again, but some parts of the tree never grew back, causing concern for many, many people. To this day, the tree has lost and gained, and looks more battered than it did back then, but it still lives, and new parts have grown full and healthy.
© Copyright 2009 Conrawr (conrawr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619400-The-Tree-By-Algozo