*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619615-Chapter---The-Meeting
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Comedy · #1619615
Continuation of the trilogy
Chapter: The Meeting
Scene 1 - Attitude
December 15th, 2004.
They all entered the elevator giggling and Mougli pressed to the 3rd floor. They were 5, in their Saturday’s best and were really excited as it was after almost 2 long years they were going for a night out together. It was 10:30 pm by the clock already.
“Mougli, get rid of these extra pounds you have added around your belly.”
“Do you have a problem with that Keval?”
“Well yes I do. Your waist will not fit in my arms.” He said with a smirk on his face. Shruti, Kapil and David burst out in laughter on his remark, getting out of the elevator. Hearing this, Reena ran after Keval to hit as he tried to elope, not to be caught knowing she had a bad temper. He will be thrashed if caught. While running. He saw a group coming out of the Disco Last Chance. He tried not to run in any of them and in his attempt of not colliding with someone, he bruised to a girl from that group. He could make out that she was in pretty bad mood. Last Chance is one of the famous hangout places on weekends in Gurgaon, the hub of upcoming IT industry on the boarder of Delhi and a city of near by state – Haryana. City offers a lot of opportunities for job searchers from Delhi and nearby states.
“You retarded Moron.” She yelled.
“Sorry. You said something” He stopped while running.
“Fuck you, Ass hole.” She said turning towards him.
He was shocked on hearing the abuse and Mougli also stopped chasing him. He moved towards the source of the voice sidelining the follower and saw a group of 4 guys and 5 girls standing next to her. She was wearing a skin fit blue top with Miami print and low waist jeans. She had bangles in left hand with a mobile in the right. She can be compared to any supermodel by her looks. She had long burgundy hair with flicks of red auburn and nice perfect trim body with all assets properly maneuvered by God himself. She was someone to fall in love with in first look and a dream come true to millions of boys. Mougli tried to stop him by pulling him by his elbow and imitating as if she wants an apology but honestly was trying to divert him from doing anything as she knew very well that Keval can handle anything in the world but not the abuse.  He moved towards the group and Mougli kept trying to distract his attention from her by pulling him to the disco and also signaled other friends to stop him from doing anything.
“Don’t worry, am not going to spoil our weekend.” He spoke with the grin on his face. After reassuring her he moved toward the girl who abused at him. “What you just said. Could you please come again?”
“Fuck you.”
“Sure, I won’t mind darling, but your place or mine?”
On this everyone burst out in laughter. She was stunned on his answer, he moved back and entered disco with his friends following him laughing and giggling. They all luckily got their favorite table in the extreme corner and a place from where you can see everyone along with keeping an eye on the entrance to check if any of their other friends may turn up, who are regular to that disco.
“Yessss… my song”. Reena cheered listening ‘The phenomenon by LL Cool J’ in the background. “Come Keval, let us hit the floor.”
“Hmmm, you right, but sorry Reena, you guys order by the time I go and give a visit to someone who is been calling me for long”. Keval requested his friends to order.
“Who is calling you here?” Shruti inquired.
“Nature” He winked and pointed towards the washroom and left asking a waiter to take the order. They all giggled and then started to feel the tempo of music, checking crowd on the dance floor. In the meanwhile, instead of waiter, someone else appeared at their table.
“Where is the retard?” voice from the girl who met outside came in a very pissed and furious mood and her group members joining her one after another. David asked them to forget about the incident and apologized for his friend’s behavior trying to save there Saturday night. She was totally out of control and her friends were trying to calm her down. But she was adamant to meet Keval. “Just tell me where your loser friend is”? She questioned again.
“Tumne pukara or hum chale aaye. Did you miss me guys?” Keval entered in a playful mood with an old hindi song on his lips.
“Shut up! You piece of ugly shit (hic)… do you know who am I and who you messed with? (Hiccup)”
“Hey, hey, hey... Chill and relax girl. I don’t know who you are and don’t even bother about it. To me you are simply a sexy looking cute irritated bitch who simply knows how to bark.” On this it was very difficult for her to control herself and she tried to slap him but was grabbed in mid air.
“Enough. Now listen carefully, I love cats but I don’t like them to bite or scratch back and who so ever you are, don’t even think about spoiling my mood.” He let her hand go with a jerk pushing her back as she tried to free her hand and turned to her group, “why the hell you are keeping her in your circle, who simply feels that she is superior to you all and boss around?”
“Dude, don’t mess with us or you will regret all your life.” came a voice from the group.
“Oye, What do you mean? You want to settle it or want to take it outside?” Kapil got up pushing his chair back in a very aggravated mood and threatened the guy from other group. During this entire scene Reena went and complained the bouncers about what is happening inside. Bouncers came rushing to their table and tried to settle down all of them. One of the senior among them saw Keval and asked “Hey Keval, long times no see and what’s up, any problem?”
“Nothing Manu, These guys are just trying to spoil our evening because one of their friends is out of her senses. May be she is highly drunk and can’t handle it.”
“Any problem guys, anything you have in mind, drop it here and… when you guys left already then why you all are back?” Manu questioned them. Manu was head of security at Last Chance and an old friend of Keval from his event management days. Manu was 6’2” tall and his physical appearance can clearly state that he is someone who spends hours on work out. Manu and his colleagues tried to drag all of them outside the disco politely.
While going out, this girl turned and said “You don’t even have guts and balls that’s why you asked these bouncers to intervene.” He was very prompt and shouted back “I do have balls but the problem is they are way too small as compared to yours?” nodding his head in a very playful mood and making faces to her. His friends start giggling and laughing on his comment. They settle down again and got busy in their chit chat and completely shifted their attention from those guys. Manu came back after sometime and asked Keval about the whole incident and then he warned him for not messing with the same girl as she is very influential and he don’t want his friend to face any trouble.
“As you say Manu, even I don’t want to pick up any trouble. After long we are here for fun but she’s trying to ruin it. By the way who is she anyway?” Keval inquired.
“She is Kanika Mittal. Heir to Mittal empire and she just returned back from US after finishing her graduation. She’s regular to mostly all disco’s and pubs. Don’t worry, I have handled the things presently but remember if you again end up meeting her than simply apologize. Take my advice.” Manu cleared lot of the things in a very simple way. Keval already heard her name in his circle of friends very recently.
“Alright dude, you can count on me.” Keval assured Manu. Manu slipped away from their table as he again saw a drunkard creating scene at bar. After that the time went smooth, fun filled with rounds of beer and vodka shots and load of dancing to peppy numbers. Around 2:30 am they all moved out of disco to go back to their respective places. They were the last to come out of closing disco. They got a shock on confronting the same girl standing alone outside the disco and waiting for him to come out.
“Trroobblle”, Kapil said in a very low and drunk tone with a hick up followed.
“What, be clear. This is why I ask you not to drink too much” Keval said and looked at Kapil who pointed towards the girl standing by the security fence of the third floor.
“No man, not her again, at least not know… I don’t want anything to spoil my mood.” He was very clear in his approach. He generally doesn’t get into arguments or debates after getting drunk. He doesn’t want to say something for which he should feel sorry later.  He asked Shruti to handle her and say sorry if she wants an apology recalling Manu’s advice. Shruti moved towards her and he tried to slip in the elevator.
“Hey, you scary cat, why are you turning away from me. Am not waiting here for three long hours, not to see you coward run away without knowing he messed with a wrong person?” She said it loud & clear, audible to Keval as well. She was better than when they met first. He tried to ignore her call and even his friends don’t want to end up in any argument. He asked his friends to move on and wait in the parking lot for him and signaled Shruti to get rid of her.
Shruti, moved to her requesting “Dear, let’s forget everything that took place inside. If you want then I will say sorry on his behalf.”
“Why? Now your friend doesn’t even have guts to face me. I asked my friends to leave otherwise he would have been dead meat and if you think that your sorry can help then you are wrong. Ask him to apologize.”
“The reason is that you were drunk that time and now I guess my friends are pretty drunk, so let’s end this.” Shruti tried to reason her.
“No way, he started it, I know how to pick my fight and settle the scores. If you want me to forget everything then asks him to come and ask for an apology.”
Shruti tried to say something but she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned back to find Keval standing behind her with a smile on his face and nodded in affirmation because he heard everything. He requested Shruti to leave and wait for him downstairs in parking with an assuring smile.
“Alright, if you insist then I will wait for you in parking, come soon as you have to drop me back home, my mother called twice, you know she only let me go out with you only. Don’t you forget this?” Shruti said with a worried face and concern for him.
“Yeah, I’ll join you in 5.” He assured Shruti giving a pet on back. The moment Shruti entered the lift he turned back, to face her.
“Tell me what have you got?” She inquired.
He reached out to his pockets and took everything out, “well I have a cell phone… car key, wallet and ummhh… some cash with few bills.”
“Stop playing cool jerk. I am not waiting here to hear your lousy jokes. By the way can you repeat what you said inside?” She said in a very bad tone.
“Ummm, I don’t know what happened inside. I was just … don’t know whaat and sumhow was not able to control my spontaneity and end up saying all that shit inside, I mean no harm.” He said in an apologetic tone.
“How much you had?”
“Not much, just… just few shots and a beer.”
“Hmmm and you think that you are all sober; take a look of yourself… looking like a dumb fool… smelling like a rotten egg.”
“I…umh.. I am sorry and, and I mean it.” He said in very low tone.
“What… I can’t hear you. Come again and be loud so that I can hear properly.”
He gazed her in the eyes and then look around whether someone is watching or standing near by. When he was sure that no one is around and no one can hear, he apologized again which he seldom did in his life.
“I sincerely ask for your apology. Please keep everything aside and let us forget and pretend that this day didn’t come in our life.” He spoke in a shaky voice.
“What… apology… you mean to say forgive you. Huh. Is this what you are saying?” Her pitch was so high that a person even at 100 feet can listen.
“Yes. I do” he gazed around to make sure that no one is watching, at least not his friends.
“I will forget everything and forgive you also but there’s a price for it. You have to do as I say…  I, Kanika Mittal never ever felt embarrassed and humiliated in front of anyone and especially when my friends are around. So if you do what I say, then I may forget everything.” She kept a condition in front of him. He looked back into her eyes to find out that she meant whatever she is saying and she heard about her from Manu about how filthy rich she is and how influential, rude, aggressive, adamant she can get. She is capable of destroying anyone if she wants to by hook or crook. Her reputation actually supersedes her.
“Hey I am talking to you. Answer me.” She shrugged him and he touched base to reality from his thought process. He thought of many weird things which she can ask him to do. He was concerned about his reputation. “What if she asks me to do something crazy?” It was a moment of dilemma for him before taking a call but in order to attain peace with her, he thought about giving his yes irrespective what she ask him to do. After all, she is Kanika Mittal, and everyone knows about her besides being attractive, seductive, charming and beautiful. So he agreed to do anything she asks for.
“Yesss, I will do whatever you say. But let us forget about what happened inside.” He confirmed her in trembling voice under effect of liquor while looking back into her eyes. He was not aware, what he is getting into and what is going to happen next.
“Good for you. Anyway, my name is Kanika Mittal and I hope you may have heard about me but if not then you will come to know.” She spoke with cunning and sarcastic smile. “By the way, who are you?”
“Huh… Keval,… Keval Singh.” He mentioned his name in a little nervous and worried voice as he heard a lot about her from friends, colleagues, friends’ friends about what kind of girl she is… mean, egocentric, beautiful, filthy rich, get things done as she pleases by any means possible.
“Call your friend and tell them that you are not coming by the time I am not done with you.” This time her voice was very authoritative and demanding. He had an instinct that something really bad is going to happen and he will be screwed. “Tell your friends to leave and ask someone to do drop them and can use your car.” She ordered.
“If I… how will I go? I live far… around 75 Km from this place.” He was confused and worried.
















Chapter: The Meeting
Scene 2 – He’s friend
“He is really dumb, what is the point of feeling sorry to that arrogant bitch. He is a fool. Now he expects me to leave and drop you girls. He seriously thinks that I can leave without him.” Kapil was annoyed when Shruti told them about Keval’s decision.
“I am also not leaving him. I called a friend of mine who is regular to nightlife and told him about this girl Kanika Mittal. He advised me to say sorry and stay as far as possible, he even suggested that if I could then I should head to some other disco. He was telling me that she is crazy and can do anything. He also told me that this arrogant girl shot one guy 2 months back on some small time issue because of some argument at MKOP, Taj Hotel in the car park. So don’t expect me to drop these girls and leave.” David was firm while telling his decision.
“What do you mean? You mean to say that we can leave Keval at her will, He is my friend too and even I am not letting him at her whims.” Reena also confirmed her stay. Reena was working as manager in an MNC and was putting up in Gurgaon alone for past 6 years. She was the only earning hand in the family; her father expired when she was doing her graduation. She started her carrier by moving out from her home in a city called Sagar, in Madhya Pradesh. She started as an executive in Gurgaon, when she first moved here. She finished her graduation besides doing a job and helping her mother by sending money every month. She had been through tough times and Kapil introduced her to Keval and they were good friends ever since. Kapil and Keval were two guys she can trust blindly.
All three of them turned to hear Shruti. She was the only child in the family and her mother was working as Public Prosecutor at High Court in Delhi. Her parents were divorced when she was just 10 and ever since she was with her mother. She hardly goes out partying. Keval was close to her and her mother treats him nicely. Her mother had faith in Keval more than her own daughter. There was not even a single incident when she told that she is going out for party and Keval is coming, did her mother even asked a question or denied her though she always confirms with Keval or Keval has to come to pick her up otherwise she was not allowed for parties. Somehow Keval changed Shruti’s mother perspective at looking things from different point of view.
“Why you guys are staring at me? I have to stay without a choice, even if I had a choice of leaving, I could never leave his side. He is my friend too.” Shruti meant every word she spoke.
“So then it is final that no one is leaving by the time he is not coming back. We will wait for half an hour here till we get a word from him or by the time he don’t show up. After half an hour we all will go upstairs and help him out.” Kapil concluded. Reena asked David to go buy some cigarettes in the mean time. 
“Why can’t we all go and come, this will help us in killing the time and we can come back soon.” David suggested.
“No” All three of them spoke in one voice.
“Fine then no worries, I will go and fetch cigarettes from Zaika. Anything else you guys want, pepsi, coke, juice or something let me know.” David asked while reaching to his pocket to pull his bike keys out.
“Well do bring few water bottles as I am feeling thirsty.” Kapil said.
“Alright,  then I repeat the order, one pack of cigarettes, 2 water bottles, one bottle vodka and a lemonade with glasses.”
“Who asked for vodka, lemonade and glasses?” Shruti asked.
“Oh that, no one, I did. I will go home, drink and sleep. I have already lost the feeling, so want to sleep drunk after a long time. It is been more than six months guys and want to wake up with hang over, I love it.” David explained.
“Whatever just go and come back fast as I desperately need water to quench my thirst and don’t want to puke.” Kapil was feeling thirsty and had too much liquor after almost a year or so. 
Kapil returned a month back from Italy after finishing an assignment. He was sent to Italy by his company a year ago. He is already shortlisted for new assignment in Germany and will leave after 3 months for a period of 8 months. Then he will be moving to USA in March, 2008 and might stay there for 2 years or so. Kapil was one of the sharp minds and was always a performance oriented guy ever since he joined his company. He earned lot of achievements and an over whelming growth in his carrier in IT at a very young age of 25. He was always goal oriented and problem solver. He comes up with real time solutions. Kapil was a fun loving guy to the core with pinch of emotional blaze.
David left looking at Kapil’s condition. Kapil asked the girls to get in the car as it was not safe for girls at night plus they were in basement parking. Kapil asked them not to roll down the window. He put the life back in car and turned on the AC with ventilation and switched on the car audio. Reena reached for the dashboard and ran her fingers through the CDs kept in the console. She picked one and put an old classic Kishore collection. Kapil recalled something and grope under driving seat to find a water bottle. He knew that Keval always carried a water bottle in the car.
“Hey, how did you know that there is a water bottle under the seat? You reached for it as you knew already.” Shruti was amazed to see water bottle as she was also feeling thirsty.
“Old habits don’t die that easy.”
“What do you mean by that?” Reena questioned.
“Nothing, Keval always carries a water bottle in car as he doesn’t like to stop in between while going somewhere, it saves him time. I know him for ages and spent a very good time with him so I knew.” Kapil replied and took a sip from the bottle and offered Shruti as he was able to read her thirst.
“Where is he, am getting worried for him?” Reena was tensed.
“Don’t, he must have been buying something else also.” Kapil answered.
“She is not talking about David. Am I right Reena? You are worried about Keval. Isn’t that Right?”
“Yes and why will I be worried for David. What made you think about that?”
“Sorry Reena, my bad. I thought that you are talking about David. But you are right. Even I am feeling worried for Keval. How much time we have spent here, do you have any idea. Is it half an hour already?” Kapil inquired.
“Well we are here for 20 minutes, ten more minutes and we will go and find out what is happening upstairs.” Shruti checked her watch and suggested.
“So he still listens to old classics. This is a nice song and one of Keval’s favorite... I remember” Kapil said lost in the track from Kishore and start humming “Keh doon tumhe, ya chup rahun, Dil mein mere aaj..”
“Kapil are you listening to me, what I just said? It is twenty minutes, ten more minutes and we will go and check on him.” Shruti was frustrated.
“Yes, yes, surely will do check on him.” Kapil stumbled on realizing that Shruti said something which he missed earlier.
Twenty minutes passed and then they decided to go check on Keval. They came out, locked the car and took the elevator, moved to third floor.
The moment gates opened at third floor, they saw Manu standing outside waiting for lift with other staff from the disco. Finding them come back, he asked Kapil. “What are you guys doing here this late? Everything is closed and where is Keval?”
“He is not here or what? We left him here with Kanika. Last time I saw him, he was talking to her near that escalator.” Shruti was appalled and look around to find him.
“What are you guys saying? You left him with Kanika. You people are dumb or something? How could you?” Manu was shocked to hear that Keval was with Kanika.
“Where can he go? Did he go down through escalator?” Reena spoke softly but audible to everyone.
“That is a possibility. As we asked the line man to switch on the lift as he shut down all lifts and escalators after 3 am.” Manu replied.
“Then we must go downstairs, he must have gone to the second basement parking.” Shruti said in haste.
“Sure let us check downstairs in the second basement parking. He must have left through escalator after finding elevators are not working.” Kapil reasoned.
They all went down through elevator to basement 2 where the car was parked. They were moving fast towards the car and when they reached next to it, they looked around to check Keval.
“Don’t worry…  if he went down through escalator then he will take time to come down to -2 level in basement. He also has to walk a lot in order to reach here. All entrance must have been closed and he can only come through exit to enter parking. We have to wait for a while.” Manu suggested.
They only spent 5 minutes waiting when Reena’s cell phone started ringing. She reached to her back pocket of the jeans and pulled the phone out. She saw David’s name flashing on the screen.
“Hello David”
“Hello Reena, you guys are still inside. The gates are closed. Hurry and come fast”
“We are waiting for Keval to come; he will be here in a min or two.”
“Dumb, which part of hurry and come fast, you don’t understand.”
“Mind your language David. What do you mean to say?”
“Holy God, you girls are a limit. It is about Keval you fool, now hurry up and come outside. I will meet you guys on the exit gate of the Sahara mall.”
© Copyright 2009 Spartan (vikram.spartan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619615-Chapter---The-Meeting