*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620227-HIV-Prevention
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Other · #1620227
Getting tested for HIV is the first step in your posi+tive thinking. It's important..
Getting tested for HIV is the first step in your posi+tive thinking. It's important to have a support network that you can share your feelings and concerns with. The questions are usually the same, What if my results are positive? How do I tell my family? Where do I begin? What is risky behavior?
This article is designed for people who share with the same issues concerning HIV, If you have tested and your results were negative, how can you maintain your status? What if you are newly diagnosed? What to do now? From test to partners, doctors, and the help you may need in fighting HIV prevention. You can become a partner.
George Maris is an educator for HIV prevention, in Behavioral Counseling," it only takes 20 minutes to know the results of your HIV status. getting tested is one thing but having the courage to stick around for the results can be the most important decision you can make". a case in scenario, after being tested and the results were non reactive to the HIV antibodies. the weight of the concern was lifted, all of the anxiety of not knowing was gone. Now, we move on to the questions, Coming up with an action plan and lowering the risk factors are part of the counseling session.
What if My test comes back reactive? What are the benefits in knowing, remember" posi+ive thinking" If the test come back reactive, a confirmatory test is followed, this test is sent to a lab and this test will confirm the findings, however the posi+ive thing to remember is early treatment mean better results.
© Copyright 2009 GeorgeMaris (georgemaris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620227-HIV-Prevention