*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620626-Someday-I-will-go-somewhere
Rated: E · Essay · Environment · #1620626
I often look at the mountains and wish I could be anywhere else, but it's not my time yet.
I am standing in the valley, looking at the sky. The wind is strong and the sun is dancing off the clouds. The season is changing. I can feel the cool air on my face as the leaves blow past on the pavement at my feet. How great is my fortune to be here in this moment? Watching as the world literally spins in front of me.

It is hard in this space to justify anything selfish or negative. Every experience I have is a lesson and in that lesson is strength. I am watching two little dark clouds that are zipping across in the east and they are reminding me how fast time is passing. It used to scare me, how quick the days go. I'm becoming ok with it. This valley is my doorstep and my life is my adventure. To say there won't be moments of sorrow and dark places would be naive. However, I know that there will be more that are full of wonder and joy.

I need to embrace the valley and learn to play in the hills. Taking solace in the knowledge that doing so is creating and conquering my own mountain. The sky is beautiful and the night is chasing the sun to the west. Time will continue to pass. With it nature will continue to remind me of all I have to be thankful for, and how much more is still in store for me.
© Copyright 2009 Jennifer B (jmagination at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1620626-Someday-I-will-go-somewhere