*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621837-A-New-Pony
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1621837
This is a true and funny story relating to raising our children.
I could hardly contain my excitement as I slipped down the hallway quietly towards the kids' bedrooms. My buddy had just delivered a Shetland, Miniature crossed gelding pony named Babe to the back door and I could not wait for the kids to see him. I peeked into April's room and found her sound asleep. I then slipped open the door to the twin's room and found Jordan asleep but Joel stirring slightly. He noticed the light peering through the crack of the slightly opened door and looked up. That was all the encouragement I needed. In a whisper, I told him I had something I wanted to show him. As I led him down the hall in his pajamas with the feet sewn in that most 5 year olds wear, I asked him, "What have you been wanting for a very, very long time now?" He looked up with sleepy eyes squinting from the lights and answered, "pancakes?"
© Copyright 2009 The Dodger (rogerlollar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621837-A-New-Pony