*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621928-The-Boardwalk-Body
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #1621928
Inspired by the CKY song from the Carver City album - The Boardwalk Body
The young teenage boy staggers onto the soft sand of Carver City bay, the glittering lights of the board walk twinkling away as a backdrop behind him. Distant screams echoed around the bay from the jovial riders of the roller-coaster. The night was balmy as usual for Mid-July, and the salty smell of the ocean dominated the air. He sunk to the sound, left alone with his thoughts as he gazed out into the distant horizon where the sea met the sky, and the full moon reflected as an eerie disc in the deep dark gloom.
      He started to ponder when the nightmare intervened, an unsettling shrill of a midnight scream. He paused, terrified, wondering if he should investigate.
      He stumbled over to the board walk, falling over various shells and lumpy sand, curious as to what he would find. 20/20 was nothing at a quarter to two. It was too hard to walk away, he was transfixed to the sight before him.
      "Who could ever leave her like this?!" he gasps, tears of fear and sadness streaking down his face. He knelt beside the silent body of a girl, her complexion at peace with dismay. Her white cotton dress was soaked with crimson red blood and ripped to shreds, barely containing any dignity her soul may still harbour; and her brown hair lay partly over her porcelain white face as she lay face down in the sand. It seemed that the girl had been beautiful in life, until death had dealt its cruel hand and sent its mercenary down to do the deed. He took her still hand in his, feeling; checking; hoping for a pulse as she laid quiet and still.
      She was dead, flat line, no sign of life, no matter how hard he tried to insist to himself that there was. He drops her hand in defeat, drawing to the conclusion that she will never wake to the mortal plain again. "How much worse can the world that we live in be?" he whispers quietly to himself as the tears began to fall openly.
      By the moonlit bay, the board walk body lay, any evidence was taken out by the tide. It seemed it was just a nihilist who wreaked his craft with pride.
© Copyright 2009 CatfishCKY (catfishcky at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1621928-The-Boardwalk-Body