*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622734-My-city-my-corruption
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Are;
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1622734
Moldova, the poorest country in Europe , and my opinion on ''Why?''
..after hearing a story from one of my friend’s that lives in village not so far from my city. He tells about a government program that gave every student from his school a free breakfast every day. A breakfast that none of the student’s ever witnessed, and everyone knew why. The teachers have stolen their lunch money. And they had a legitimate reason for doing so. They hadn’t been paid salary for 3 month’s. They are furious , and sometime’s even protest. But nothing serious, because they are too horrified of losing their Job. The reason for this is simple, no matter how miserable is the paycheck given by government, the advantage of being a teacher is limitless.
Getting bribe’s for putting false mark’s , looking in another direction when student’s cheat at exam, and even for letting a student to be accepted to school.
Once a truck filled with school uniform’s was sent to us by government. Uniform’s that we never saw. Until a month later, a rumor came that the uniform’s was being sold in the neighbor village
The surprising part is that no one blamed the teacher’s for being this way. Justifying by ‘’You can’t put a man in such disastrous situation and expect him to be honest’’. More over, many of the villager’s were even proud of him , for getting away with it so clean.
Our country’s legislate system is very corrupt, there are many reason’s for this, but yet there are no excuses . People got used to bribe’s, to an extent where law already have no meaning for them .
This is the mentality of our people. We view bribe’s, corruption and lies as something natural , and don’t even try to fight it off.

Being raised in such society , I've been a witness to how corruption slowly but surely destroys a country from within. In my opinion law is something that is used to defend somebodies person , liberty and property. These are the three basic requirements of life, and the preservation of any one of them is completely dependent upon the preservation of the other two. Force has been given to us to defend our own individual rights. Who will dare to say that force has been given to us to destroy the equal rights of our brothers?
If a nation were founded on this basis, it seems to me that order would prevail among the people, in thought as well as in deed. It seems to me that such a nation would have the most simple, easy to accept, economical, limited, nonoppressive, just, and enduring government imaginable — whatever its political form might be.
© Copyright 2009 Are; (arel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1622734-My-city-my-corruption