*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623092-Hand-of-Death-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1623092
Prologue to Hand of Death
Neos, a land with countless, green plains and tall, beautiful trees. It is a land filled with Humes, Elfs, Dwarves, and etc. It is a simple land with no war and no mass destruction weapons. A bow, a sword, even magic are their only weapons. Neos was always on the rise. When people died in Neos, they became one with Neos, furthering its growth. Everyone was prosperous and happy until he arrived.
He stroke upon the world with a vengeance. The Hand of Death. The Plague. He could kill with the touch of his hand. If he touched you, your soul was his. You would never return to soil. He would hold u in his hand. He would use your very soul as a weapon.
The people of Neos, at first, resisted. The best warriors, archers, mages, and clerics joined forces. They took war to The Hand of Death. The greatest warrior, Charles Alexander the shining light, was a resident of Adeona. Adeona was where all this began, and it all began with five words.
“Fight, and never be consumed,” Charles Alexander said to his son, Seth Alexander, as he passed down his sword and armor.
“Father, I don’t want you to leave,” sniffled Seth.
“Son, I must. The Hand of Death must be stopped.” He calmly replied.
Seth was thirteen when his father spoke those words to him. Seth became obsessed with being as good as a warrior as his father. In a week, he had spent all his time practicing swordplay. One week after his father left, it all went bad.
“Everyone into the emergency tunnel now!” shouted Elza, the wife of Adeona’s Cleric, Valden. Immediately after, screams could be heard from the entrance of Adeona. The Hand of Death, and some of his Bandos, followers of The Plague, were here, in Adeona. Seth and his friends Damien, Jeremiah, Criss, Sarah, and Robin were all eating in the dining room. Valden ran in and rushed them into the emergency tunnel. Then, Valden ran back out to help the rest of the children.
All of them were crying. All of them except Seth, who was preparing to fight.
“If the hand of death is here, then my father is dead,” Seth reasoned, “Im going back up…im going to fight!”
Jeremiah, Criss, Sarah, and Robin all begged him to reconsider. Damien, however, decided to go with him. The two boys snuck back up, leaving the rest behind. They made their way to the weapons room and grabbed their armor and weapons.
Seth killed his first victim that day. He paused a minute to consider what he had done. Yet, he had no time for morals. He was going to defend his home and avenge his father even if it costs him his soul. Valden saw the two boys; Seth and Damien fighting. Damien was the better warrior of the two, but Seth was on the rise. Valden was not happy to see them out, but knew telling them to go back down would be a waste of breath.
Suddenly, a whole horde of Bandos jumped Damien and Seth, separating them. They continued to fight on. Once Valden saved all the children he could, he ushered everybody back into the tunnel. Once down there Seth looked at all the faces he could’ve lost. In this, a time of war, Seth felt peace. Knowing he saved some of the people, he felt at peace. The peace didn’t last very long for Seth saw a face was missing. “Valden! Valden! Where’s Damien!?” He shouted.
Valden said with sorrow, “I don’t know. He must’ve stayed up there.”
“Im going back up!”
“No! No, your not. We cannot risk losing you as well.”
“Fight, and never be consumed!” Seth said, quoting his father.
Valden realized he couldn’t stop him; he was too much like his father. So he did the only thing he could. He gave him permission to go up. Valden dropped to his knees. Valden prayed, he prayed to Neos to protect both of those boys.
© Copyright 2009 Hand of Death (crestfallen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623092-Hand-of-Death-Prologue