*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624365-Bad-Lands
by Medusa
Rated: E · Short Story · War · #1624365
The hard times of today
Truth is, the world is a much more violent place then what it used to be. Wars break out across the land. Wars over drugs, poverty , political policy, land, oil, machinery, and religion. Our governments tell us , “Its all for the good of man”, but what they don’t tell us is the price that we have to pay. Poverty strikes hard and quick. Men, women, and children have been living on the street for ages, they are all begging us for higher wages. Their prayers and wishes fall on deaf ears. Children laying in the street dead, men and women become jacked up in the head. Sons and daughters fight our wars with foreign countries, some come back and are treated as heroes, others fall victim to tainted arrows. Land has been fought over for many centuries, religion plays a big factor. Christian or Muslim, we pick and choose the most favored custom. Without our specific guidelines, we become lost. The government tells us what to do, say , think, and act. If we think differently then what they say is law, they strike us down and we disappear forever. Tax payers money help fund our wars, peoples pockets become filled with even more sores. The land is becoming dry and sullen, but we ignore this fact and continue to fight amongst each other. Religion at its best, can only bring us desires. Mothers and fathers give their children goodnight kisses, in hopes of bringing them better wishes. Will we wake up tomorrow to realize what we have created, or will we only create what we wish to be invented. War , poverty, political policy, land, oil, machinery, and religion. Are they all factors of a torn down nation. Will we rebuild ourselves in the hopes of creating a newer world. War will always rage on in the minds of us , maybe we will be the first to fall.
© Copyright 2009 Medusa (romona at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624365-Bad-Lands