*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626869-You-promised
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Young Adult · #1626869
Story about a teenage love drama.
"I can't believe it Ashley," Said my best-friend Millie. "The prom is tonight!"



"I know, you have to come and see my dress!" I replied with the same excitment. I ran to my wardrobe and pulled out my silk emerald green dress. It was short, like 2 inches above my knee short. It had a black ribbon around the middle like a belt, tied into a bow at the side.



"Oh-my-gosh! Ash, that is awesome! It's so perfect for you." Millie commented.



"You really think so?" I asked.



"Yeah I do." Millie answered looking down at her watch. "Ahh, I have to go! Mum has these people coming to do me up." She said franticly. "I'll talk to you on MSN later ok?"



I laughed. "Yeah sure. Have fun"



Millie ran down stairs and left.



When i heard the front door slam shut, I went over to my computer and signed into msn.







damienmatthew@live.com.au

Damien: Hey Ash.



Ashley: Hi >.>



Damien: How are you? :*



Ashley: Good I guess. How about you?



Damien: I'm good. Look I was wondering if you wanted to go to prom together?



Ashley: What?! So you can try me again? I don't think so Damien! :@



Damien: Aww babe, that was just a once off, I was drunk out of my mind. It wont happen again. Promise.



Ashley: No! Accsept no as no! :@







<You are no longer able to send messages to damienmatthews@live.com.au because he is blocked.>







< jaquieanderson@live.com.au >



Jaquie: Hey loser.



Ashley: What do you want?



Jaquie: Nothing.. Oh wait there is something. I wanted to tell you to keep away from MY boyfriend! And if you're not clear on who that is, it's Matt. He is mine tonight and no-one, you hear no-one especially a sad loner like you will take him away :)







< jaquieanderson@live.com.au is now offline.>







< millierosco@live.com.au >



Millie: Hey



Ashley: Hey



Millie: OMG this is the worst beauty session ever! They wont stop pulling my hair, its so painful :(



Ashley: Aww, its ok babe. It will be over soon haha.



Millie: Yeah i hope so! Anyway what colour makeup are you wearing?



Ashley: Lime-green. You?



Millie. Fluro pink :D.



Ashley: Awesome! OMG guess who asked me to the prom after last time?



Millie: No, Damien didn't!



Ashley: Yeah he did. Anyway I have to go and finish getting ready. See you tonight. Eek!







<Signing off ashleyhuges@live.com.au>







Ok, so now i have to go and get ready. I went and put on my make-up. Lime green like i said, with black eyeliner. The i brushed my teeth and put lipgloss on. Now my dress, I slipped it on. I put my shoes on, black strappy leather heels. Then straightend my long brown hair. I looked perfect, well i thought i did anyway. "I'm all ready Mum!" I yelled down stairs. I started to walk down the stairs. "I'm going to pick up Millie. See you later!"



"Gosh sweetie you look amazing!" Mum commented. "Ok, well call me if your staying at Millie's ok?"



"Ok, bye!" I said as i ran out the door.







I took a deep breath. I walked down to Millie's, she lived 3 blocks away. When i got to the door, Mrs Rosco aswered the door. "Hey Ash, Millie will be down in a second."



Millie walked out and she looked amazing. "Wow Millie you look awesome!" I commented. " Ready to go?" I asked in excitement.



"Yeah, let me get my bag." She replied. She came back and we left.







When we got to the prom, almost everyone was there, including Matt. He started to walk towards me. "He Ashley." He said.



"Hi." I said looking at my feet.



"I was wondering if you would like to come and hang with me and my mates?" He asked.



I looked at Millie and her eyes lit up. “Sure.” I said looking at him.



He held my hand. Oh no.. Oh no.. I thought. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back. Then I saw her. Jaquie. Far out.



“Hey Ash, I would like to know what your doing with MY man!” She yelled at me.



“Um.. He invite me and Millie to hang with him..” I replied.



“I thought I told you on MSN not to go near him! He is to good for you!”



“Ah, sorry to break it to you Jaquie but I'm not your man. I'm not anyone's man at the moment. And I would appreciate it if you would back off.” Matt interrupted.



Jaquie looked really shocked, I was sad to say it but I was thrilled! She just got majorly rejected by the most popular guy ever! Jaquie ran off, I was waiting for Matt to run after her, but he didn't. Hah he really meant it. Wow.



“Sorry about that Ash. She is a bit, what should I call it. Full of herself.” He said then laughed.



I laughed too.  “So you want to go inside?” Matt asked.



“Yeah sure.” I replied.







Later that night Matt and I were alone and there was a sort of awkward silence.



“Um, Ash I have a question---” He said in a nervous tone. “---Well, I have been wanting to ask you this for ages. Now I guess I can ask you w---”



“Would I leave you alone. Sure.. Why didn't you say so before.” I butted in. I stood up.



He pulled me back down and  kissed me. “I was going to ask you... Will you go out with me?” He asked.



I couldn't talk, I really couldn't nothing would come out. I opened my mouth but there was silence.



“Oh, sorry. I get it, you don't want to go out with me.. “ He said sadly.. Ah crap. Mouth work!



“No that's not what I mean” I blurted out. “I say yes! But my mouth wouldn't work.” I said as I looked at my feet with embarrassment.



He pulled my head up and kissed me again. “Awesome,” He smiled, “Want to dance?”



“Sure” I said as I smiled. I stood up, he held my hand, it was so warm and big. We got to the dance floor and I put my hands around his neck and he put his arms around the top of my back.



He slowly slid his hands down my back. I looked up at him, he was already looking down at me. “Ashley, I will promise you one thing, that I will never hurt you. Never.”



We danced for what seemed forever. Then suddenly Jaquie came up to Matt “Hey sexy... What are you doing dancing with this lowlife?” She said in a stuck up way.



“Well,---” He started, “This 'lowlife' is my girlfriend,” He told her. “You got a problem with that?”



“Um, yeah I d--” She started.



“Well I really don't care Jaquie.” He interrupted. He pulled me away into the corner and kissed me. I kissed him back, it felt so right, but what will Jaquie say. I pulled away and sat down.



“What's wrong Ash, did I do something?” He asked worried.



“No, its not you.” I answered then quickly changed to subject. “So, I better get you MSN and number.” He gave me his number; 04567895309 and his MSN; matthewclaydon@live.com.au and I gave him my number and MSN.



We spoke for ages about heaps of stuff. Before I new it, it was end of prom.



“I have to go..” I said to Matt. “I'll talk to you later.. Bye”



“Do you have to go?” He asked.



“Yeah I do. Sorry.” I said. He kissed me.



“Ok, bye Ash love you.” He said then smiled.



“Bye, Love you too.” I said . I hugged him goodbye and left with Millie.







We went to her place and I called my to tell her I'm staying at Millie's.



“Hey Mill, is ok if I go on MSN?” I asked Millie.



“Yeah sure.” She replied. I hopped onto the computer, opened MSN and signed in.







<signing into ashleyhuges@live.com.au >



< matthewclaydon@live.com.au >



Matthew: Hey Babe. :*



Ashley: Hey. :D



Matthew: How are you?



Ashley: Good wbu?



Matthew: Awesome..



Ashley: I have a question...  What do you think Jaquie will do at school on Monday?



Matthew: I dunno. She could do anything, but don't worry.



Ashley: Ok ill try not to :)



Matthew: Awesome.. Well what classes do you have on Monday?



Ashley: P1: English P2: Science P3: History P4: Art P5-P6: Maths. You?



Matthew: 1: History  2: Science 3: Music 4: English 5-6: Maths. Looks like I have science and maths with you :).



Ashley: Looks like you do :D...



Matthew: Ah, shit. Have to go babe mum is calling.



Ashley: Oh, Okay. Bye xx.



Matthew: Love you xx.



< matthewclaydon@live.com.au is now off-line>







< jaquieanderson@live.com.au >



Jaquie: Watch out on Monday! I'm going to get him back.



< jaquieanderson@live.com.au is now offline >







<signing off ashleyhuges@live.com.au >







“Agh.. Jaquie is so stuck up!” I complained.



“Why what did she say?” Millie asked.



My phone rang and it was Matt. I grinned, then answered. “Hey.” I greeted him.



“Hey babe.” He greeted me back.



“Hi” I said then smiled.



He laughed.



“What's so funny?” I asked.



“Nothing, Don't worry about it.” he answered.



I sighed. “So, what'd you call for?” I asked. “We just spoke on MSN.”



“I don't know, I just did.”



“Okay awesome” I smiled.



Matt and I spoke on the phone till early Saturday morning, Millie went to sleep about 11. I went to bed around 1am.







I woke up around 11 am, and hopped onto msn.







<signing in ashleyhuges@live.com.au >







< matthewclaydon@live.com.au >



Matthew: Hey



Ashley: hey..



Matthew: what's doing?



Ashley: Not much just at Millie's.



<adding jaquieanderson@live.com.au  to conversation>



Jaquie: Hi...



Matthew: Jaquie state your problem with ash now...



Jaquie: That she is going out with you Matt, You are mine.. no-one elces. How could you do this to me?



Matthew: I'm not yours Jaquie. You Don't own me, so stop acting like it!



< mattewclaydon@live.com.au ha left the conversation>



< ashleyhughs@live.com.au has left the conversation>







<Un-blocked damienmattews@live.com.au>







Damien: Hey...



Ashley: hi I have to go..bye.







<signing off ashleyhuges@live.com.au>







“Hey Ash” Said Millie.



“Morning Mill”



“Your mum just called, you have some appointment she will pick you up at 2 ..”



“Alright, mind if I have a shower?” I asked.



“No not at all go ahead.”  She replied.



“Thanks.” I went into the bathroom and had a shower. I got dressed, I put on mini denim shorts and white singlet with my baggy purple singlet on top. I put on my make-up. Then I heard a knock on the bathroom door. “Yeah.” I asked.



“It's Millie breakfast is ready just thought I should tell you.” Answered Millie.



“Okay.” I walked out of the bathroom and went down to he dinning room to get breakfast. We had pancakes with maple syrup.



Millie and I watched 'Confessions of a shop-o-holic.' until mum came to pick me up. We went to the doctors and I got a check up. Nothing was wrong, all perfect..



When Mum and I got home I went straight to my room and hopped onto MSN.







<signing onto ashleyhuges@live.com.au>







Guess who the first person to talk to me was.







< damienmatthew@live.com.au >



Damien: Hi Ash



Ashley:  Hi.. Look I Don't really want to talk to you Damien sorry..







< matthewclaydon@live.com.au >



Matthew: Hey babe.





Ashley: Hii...



Matthew: what's wrong babe?



Ashley: Nothing, it doesn't matter.



Matthew: Babe tell me please...



Ashley: no it Don't matter.. I have to go.. bye.



Matthew: Oh Ok then, ill come over tomorrow then. Ilyxx.



Ashley: yehh ok.







<signing off ashleyhuges@live.com.au >







Later around 7 I heard a knock at the front door, mum answered it and to my surprise it was Matt. “Hello Mrs Huges, I'm Matt, not sure If Ashley has told you about me but I'm her boyfriend.” Matt said as he introduced himself.



“Well hello Matt, nice to meet you. Come in.” Mum said.



“Matt!” I screamed as he walked into the room. I ran up and hugged him.



“Hey ash, you miss me?” He asked as he hugged me back.



“I sure did.” I answered looking up at him. He looked back down at me and smiled. I smiled back. “Well mum, me and Matt will be in my room if you are looking for us.” I said, she gave me a worried look. I gave her the 'I'm not an idiot' look and pulled Matt to my room.



We sat and spoke for a while, then he kissed me, I kissed him back. I started to take off my t-shirt. He helped me, it felt so right... I woke up, me and him were intertwined, I new what had happened. Oh my gosh I just lost my virginity, to Matt. Him, him of all people.



I must had fallen asleep again because I woke up to Matt slowly getting out of bed. “Where are you going?” I mumbled to him. He hushed me and put his lips to mine. I pulled away. “Where are you going?!” I said now more alert.



“I'm going..” He paused and thought a moment. “I'm going home.” Something was up, I knew it.



“Okay.” I said snuggling my head into his pillow, it smelt like him... mmm.. “Hang on, Matt why are going?”



“Because I am. I need to clear my head.” He answered quietly.



“Oh, ok. Well come on MSN or call me later.”



“Yeah ok, whatever.” He hurried out of my room, I heard the front door slam and Matt's car engine start then he sped off.



What did  do wrong? Did I rush things? Ah damn it.







Matt never came on MSN that night, or the next night. I went to school on Monday and he wasn't there or on Tuesday or on Wednesday. So I just gave up hope. I deleted his MSN, his number, and took all his pictures off my mirror. This was it, my moment of great times, lost. I felt my eyes water up then I just broke down.







I went on MSN after school on Thursday and I had an add,  I didn't know them but I added them anyway.







< mitchellbackster@live.com.au >



Mitch: Heyy



Ashley: Hi, who are you?



Mitch: Haha I was about to ask you the same question. Well to answer you question I'm Mitch, and you are?



Ashley: I'm ashey haha



Mitch: Awesome name.. really like it.



Ashley: haha thanks.



Mitch: No worries... So what school do you go to?



Ashley: St. Marks



Mitch: Really?! I go there too..



Ashley: Wow well I guess I couldn't blame you for not noticing me, I'm am one of the outcasts.



Mitch: Oh, ok.. Wait were you the chick that danced with Matt?



Ashley: Yeah I was, why?



Mitch: Oh, no.. reason...



Ashley: Right, and I'm suppose to believe that?



Mitch: Yeah... Oh ok you got me..



Ashley: haha



Mitch: Well you know how Matt hasn't been at school for like ages now. Well he sort of left school, and moved in with Jaquie... they're moving to New York and apparently Jaquie is pregnant..



Ashley: WHAT!? When?



Mitch: Monday...







<signing off ashleyhuges@live.com.au >







He was suppose to be there for me, and only me. Him...



The next morning I didn't wake up on time, I wasn't planning to anyway. I didn't want to wake up. I want to sleep and never wake up. He promised me he would never hurt me, never. I'm so stupid, stupid for believing him, stupid for thinking that someone actually liked me, agh!







I tried to sleep, but it didn't work exactly.



I sighed onto MSN.



<signing into ashleyhuges@live.com >



< mitchellbackster@live.com.au >



Mitch: Hey Ash.



Ashley: Hey...



Mitch: Why are you still up? Shouldn't you be in bed lol.



Ashley: Can't sleep.



Mitch: Thinking about Matt?



Ashley: Yeah, kind of hard not to think about.



Mitch: Yeah.



Ashley: Yep.. So you got a girlfriend at the moment?



Mitch: Yeah.. Her name is Jasmine.



Ashley: Awesome, a heaps pretty name.



Mitch: Yeah, I guess so.



Ashley: Yeah.



Mitch: Well I have to go, talk to you later.



Ashley: Alright, cya.







< matthewclaydon@live.com.au >



Matthew: Hi Ashley.



Ashley: Hi



Matthew: I don't think we can work babe.



Ashley: I already figured that, you moving away to NYC with Jaquie.



Matthew: Yeah about that...



Ashley: I really Don't give  a shit about your excuse... fuck out of my life!







<Conversation closed.>







I went to school the next day, Mitch came up to me. “Hey Ashley...” He said.



“Hi.” I replied.



“How are you feeling?” He asked.



“I'm shit.. You?” I replied.



“Well I'm alright. Why are you shit?”



“Matt spoke to me last night and I told him to fuck out of my life..”



“Wow, a bit harsh?”



“No I Don't think it is.”



“Hmm, well maybe it isn't in this circumstance. Well yeah, catch you round.”



“Yeah ok bye.” I said, and I walked away.







Days later Matt turned up at school, everyone was crowding him. Agh. He was walking towards me.







“Hey Ash.” He said looking at his feet.



“What do you want?” I mumbled looking to the ground to the left to me.



“Hmm, well I want to apologise.”



“What you think that will make this all better?!” I screamed at him.



“Yeah I do. Well I hope it does.” He replied in a calm smooth voice.



“Well it won't, you broke my fucking heart Matt, that cant be fixed.” I screamed then ran off and sat behind the big oak tree. But of course, he just has to run after me.



“Ashley. I really am sorry! Jaquie gave me no real choice.. Sh---” I interrupted.



“There always is a choice Matt, always!”



“I know, I made a mistake babe. I really am sorry. I didn't want to go with Jaquie, but---”



“No buts. Just leave me alone.” I yelled.



He hugged me, that same warm hug. The same way he did when we were together. I felt myself snuggle into him. Then it went cold, all cold. I felt a tear down roll my cheek. There was the warmness again wiping the tear away.



“Why are you crying?” Matt asked.



“Because I'm an idiot.” I said.



He laughed. “No you're not.”



I looked at him confused. He looked at me happy, then kissed me. I kissed him back but I was still so angry. I pulled away and ran, I didn't know where I was running to but I didn't care where. I just wanted to get away.





© Copyright 2009 Jemima Webb (jemgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1626869-You-promised