*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627815-The-Strangers-2
Rated: E · Article · Thriller/Suspense · #1627815
The Strangers 2 is said to begin production early fall of 2009.
The surprising summer 2008 smash hit "The Strangers" starring Liv Tyler, Scott Speedman, Kip  Weeks, Glenn Howerton, Gemma Ward is currently working on a sequel. The first film was written and directed by Bryan Bertino. The movie was said to be based on true events. Bertino later said that he got the idea for the film when late one night back in his childhood "strangers" came to his door asking for someone that didn't live there. He later found out local houses were robbed over night. Other movies such as “The Blair Witch Project” have also taken advantage of the loosely based “true story” or based on “true events” method. The movie revolves around three sadistic killers whose only motives for killing is that "You were home". The sequel is slated to start production early fall 2009. Although Bertino will not return as director his script will be used and a young French director Laurent Briet will be taking over. Rumors of the movie being set in a trailer park have been circulating but so far the details as far as cast and plot are being kept secret. We can only hope that Bertino will feed us an even juicier film than the first one!
© Copyright 2009 Conor Ferrin (conorferrin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627815-The-Strangers-2