*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627865-Z-Poc-Arlington-IntroChapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1627865
A zombie story about me and my friends. Please read!
Introduction


Dr. Fisher was nearing the medical breakthrough of the decade, a simple antibiotic created to heal the dead tissue of the wounded. It was nearly time to test it on three wounded soldiers, needing healed left arms. Two overdosed, but one didn't, who was under dosed. Dr. Fisher concluded them all to be failures instantly and had the orderlies take them away. Later that night, all hell broke loose.



Chapter 1: Enter Apocalypse


I was sitting at lunch, mid-conversation, when I heard the intercom speakers booming, "Attention Students and Teachers please remain calm, we are entering lockdown, proceed to your classrooms as quickly as possible." As you can imagine it was a nightmare, everyone surging out of the Cafeteria and to their classrooms, yea sounds fun right? We were all pressed against the wall, forced to be quiet and still. It was torture. We were stuck in a dark, quiet, boring room, waiting for the announcement to come on saying it was all safe, when we heard a banging noise. It wasn't on our window or door, but it sounded close. I instantly thought, "Mrs. Buford's! Oh my god.. Haley!" I inched forward trying to get a good moment to jump up and run out the door. Right before I left I felt a hand tap my ankle. I moved back a little and turned my head a bit, as to not attract attention. “We’re coming with you.” Dominique whispered, looking over at Claire.

As soon as I stood we ran towards the door, pulled it open, and slammed it behind us. I then remembered why we left the room in the first place and stared in horror through the window on the door to Mrs. Buford's room as Connor tried to beat an intruder to death with a yardstick. The stick was yanked from his hand as I left the door to go outside and he was bitten. I ran as fast as I could around the building and jumped through the window and yelled running in and broke the intruder’s neck. His head twisted around and saw the intruder's skin was tinted green, blood and scars on his face. I thought quickly and slammed his face into the broken glass on the window. I thought, "Isn't that shatterproof? Epic fail.", then proceeded to puke out the window.

When I finished I turned around, looked and saw everyone running around panicking. I yelled, "Are you people stupid?" Everyone stopped and stared as I explained how we should not just stay in a confined room and wait. A few listened, but pretty much everyone else continued in their panic. I counted the names of those waiting. "Haley, Cody, Claire, Brent, Peyton, Domini--", I murmured under my breath as a shocking realization hit me. There was a Zombified WoWfreak behind me. "GET OUT", I screamed at the top of my lungs as I lunged towards the door. Dominique was the first out, then Haley and Claire, and lastly Brent. I slammed the door, feeling I had forgotten something. "Oh, god damnit..", I whispered. I peeked through the window and saw Cody being eaten alive by Connor. I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer for them both and everyone else in the room. We were all unnaturally, unnervingly calm. "What should we do?” Brent said quietly

"I don't know, check the rooms I guess?” I said.

"Sounds good to me.", Haley said.

"Yea" Peyton said, shakily.

“Okay” Dominique added.

"Let’s go" Brent said ignoring Peyton’s odd tone.

We all walked towards Mrs. Sammons' room, noticing that the window wasn't broken. Peyton opened the door and I yelled for him to wait as an arm shot through the crack. Brent reacted quickly and slammed the door, with a sickening crack the arm snapped, but kept moving. We figured anyone in there was a goner and left. I silently wondered how a Zed could get in through a locked door. I shoved the thought aside as we moved towards Mr. Reed’s room, knocking on the door first. Nobody responded, but then we realized we were on lockdown and decided we'd have to come back for anyone in the other classes.

© Copyright 2009 The Zombie King (tannerwilson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1627865-Z-Poc-Arlington-IntroChapter-1