*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629569-The-Reason-I-Exist
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1629569
Sometimes existing for someone is bad. Sometimes its all you have.
The Reason I Exist.
By Sean McClung

Why is it dark again? I don’t mind the dark when I feel warm. Where is my warmth? Where is it? I’m cold and alone. I might be scared. Why am I just stuck here with no purpose? I’ve given my all, comfort, warmth back, an unquestioning ear. Why have I been tossed aside and left alone? Have I been abandoned? Did I do so something wrong?

No! I will stay here and I know that she’ll come back. I know I will be needed again. I’m the only one who can provide this comfort that I give. The only one who truly understands her. I know I can’t be the only one she loves but I know I will always be there at night. To be held and to be there. Her arms will wrap around me and the world will be right again. I will have a reason to exist again. Oh I hope she comes back soon. Where is she? It’s getting late. Why isn’t she back?

Maybe I’m not needed anymore. Maybe she has found comfort somewhere else. Is she telling her heart out to someone else? Is someone else more understanding than me? I know my only reason to exist is for her. But what of her reason to exist? Am I somewhere in there for her? I know she must be apart from me during the day but I belong only to her at night. Where is she? Please come back, whatever I’ve done I’m sorry! Please let me make it better. Please make it better for me. Without you I don’t exist……………………

Oh a light! Little footsteps on the stairs. The hallway echoes with the eager steps willing to rest. Oh she’s here! My joy, my purpose! She has returned. My fur will be warm and soft. My beaded eyes bright. My ears eager to listen to all the troubles of the world. I am her teddy bear again! And her comfort is the reason I exist.
© Copyright 2009 shawsown (shawsown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629569-The-Reason-I-Exist