*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629581-Give-your-soul-a-rest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1629581
When tears feed your soul day and night.. maybe you didn't...now its not too late!
Now everything has come crashing down, you feel worse than you've ever felt.
This was not how things were supposed to go, you thought you had it under control.
Tears feed your soul every day and night, your life has lost its purpose.
Misery is your companion day and night, all have deserted you

You peep into her room, she cries day and night, she has to care for her baby at the age of 15. She is going through a lot of emotional pain. She didn't have the chance to enjoy h-her childhood. The innocence in her being is what makes her seem so foolish. She is a good girl, she just couldn't stand the pressure. Nobody was there to hear her cry. She is just a mere child, she couldn't stand it anymore.
I mean you weren't there when she needed a mother. You were too busy fighting unnecessary battles, to hear her call. She feels so abandoned,... and it was all your fault!!

Your innocent boy, the one who always stayed by your side, isn't home right now,
he's probably smoking, hoping that his worries would leave him for good.
"When did his life get so complicated?" you ask deep inside, "when did you lose him to this disastrous world?" Meanwhile you scream and yell at him, showing how disappointed you are at him, but he needed someone who was ready to listen, he saw his peers and of course he didn't know better. He needed somewhere, where he couldn't hear the constant bickering in the home he used to love, for CRYING OUT LOUD, he needed some peace and quiet. He needed a cool head. He had to leave,... but you weren't there early enough to call him home, to embrace him and tell him you love him, you weren't there to offer your shoulder.

Your family is in pieces, you feel like you've let down a lot of people, well you have.
You were busy worrying about things you couldn't handle, your marriage is in shambles, and now its too late to repair. You've gone too far in the wrong direction.
You wasted the opportunity when you had it. You worried a lot and took upon yourself,
the burden you couldn't bear. "Cast all your burdens upon me and I will give you rest"
says Jesus in the Bible. He knew you already had enough responsibilities on your hands, he knew you would buckle under pressure that wasn't yours. You are human, and you have a limit, when you try to take God's responsibilities, things will fail.

So if only you didn't try to fight a battle that isn't yours, if you let God have his due pressure. If you minded you own business, if you gave yourself a break, if you didn't try to control everything. If you gave your soul a rest, maybe, just maybe, things would have been different. Its not too late, "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" says the Lord. He still calls!!
    By Nmeli Anene
© Copyright 2009 Chiangel (nmelichukwu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1629581-Give-your-soul-a-rest