*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631299-Hogmanay-Hogmanay
Rated: E · Short Story · Holiday · #1631299
Scottish celebration of the New Year.
219 words


"Hogmanay “, “Hogmanay” everyone yelling in the streets as we move house to house.  What an amazing experience.  Holding my husband’s arm for dear life; as we are tussled about in the crowd of people.  We never expected this experience when we were invited to celebrate New Year with a friend in Scotland. We never knew what we were getting into.  We only knew Glenn and he was long gone, lost several homes back.  We did not know a soul around, but oh what joy and celebration.
Hogmany Hogmanay, the Scottish are such wonderful people with such open souls.  I can’t remember a name of a single person because of the drink, music and celebration.  But Oh what an experience to see the joy of being welcomed in a strangers home after the stroke of midnight.  No questions, no judgments, just open celebration.  This New Year experience is one we will never forget.
Even though we did not know a soul, there was no self-consensuses’, no worry on how we were dressed, just amazing gregarious souls welcoming you with open arms, and lots of kissing.
Hogmanay! a happy wish to you all.  You are welcome to cross my threshold with joy and celebration.  I will avoid all the kissing, out of courtesy to you and me.  Happy New Year!
© Copyright 2009 MissRoni (ladyroni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631299-Hogmanay-Hogmanay