*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631344-Emilys-adventures-in-Sweden
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Travel · #1631344
Emily's farming adventures in Sweden
With the bulls fed at long last, Emily drove the tractor towards the ice covered hill. She got half way up before the wheels started slipping on the ice. She put the tractor in reverse and carefully backed down the hill, mindfull of where the trailer was going.

the day before she had managed to get up in 2 or 3 go's, so why would today be any different. On the third attempt she thought to herself "just give up, just stop, pull on the hand break and go and ask for help. Somewhere in the back of her mind pride wouldn't let her. She had been inside twice already asking for help on a different matter. She was also questioned on why she hadn;t started earlier to feed the bulls. She wasn't about to go in a third time.

A real stubburness set in. Damm it, she was going to get that tractor up the hill. She put the tractor in reverse once more, ready to do battle with the icey surface once again.

Frustration and anger were starting to set in, the trailer was starting to go the opposite way to where emily wanted it to. She cursed and put the tractor in first gear to go forward, then back, trying to straighten the trailer. Her state of mind was now beyond admitting defeat, she was getting more frustrated and more unwilling to admit defeat the further into trouble she slid.

It wasn't long before the ice and snow claimed victory in this little battle, the trailer stopped on the fence and the right hand wheel sat in the ditch.

Back in the tractor more panic flooded Emily as she desperately tried to drive out of trouble. It was no good, she was stuck.
"fucekn hell" she cried, "damm it". The tears were building and soon she just sat there and balled. Now she was in big trouble, why hadn't she gone and asked for help before she had gotten into this mess? she knew the answer... pride and stubburness, and been jacked at being ticked off before.

With a sigh and wiping back tears, emily turned the tracor off and set off to the house. The family was eating dinner when she walked in, her heart beat increased as the time was nigh.

"Matthias, you''' have to come and rescue the tractor"
"why, what has happened?" Christine looked at her huspand, but didn't say a word.
"it's in the ditch" Emily braced herself. MAtthias got up and followed her out.
© Copyright 2009 hellsbells (hellsbells at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1631344-Emilys-adventures-in-Sweden