*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633127-Dear-Me---II
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1633127
Letter to Me for 2010
Dear Me,

I just checked what I wrote to you in my letter last year and I must report that I am both happy and sad.

Let’s go over what I wrote a year ago:

1. Get organized.  Well I DID clean off the desk top, but it soon was cluttered up and remained that way for most of 09 (and STILL is cluttered as I write this).

2. Finish 2 projects. OK, that goal I reached. The problem is I dropped a couple of other projects half-way through. Shame on me.

3. Spell better and learn the difference between “it’s” and “its”.  OK, so I’m using spell check and I know the difference in the “it’s-its”...I just look closer each time I use it.

4. Spend more time writing than playing games.  Oops. Well, I don’t play as many games, but in 09 I got pretty involved in two groups and discovered my writing output had actually gone DOWN.

5. Get “the novel” off to a publisher. Well, me, after setting it aside for a month and then going back, the novel was DRIVEL...so it didn’t get sent off to a publisher. HOWEVER, for NANO in November I went back two years before the novel and did a “prequel”, which essentially was the back story. During editing it ballooned from 52K to almost 69K and I’ve sent it off to the hired editor for work. We’ll see how I like it when we are done with that part of the process.

Bottom line.  Last year I won some and lost some. What about if I work on Numbers 1, 4, and 5 for THIS year?

Sound like a plan?

It better; it’s all that you are going to get this year.

Lyle

P.S.: Re: #5. I liked the Nano novel so much, and I had only used about 9 months of the two years, I've started on the followup novel which will take care of the rest of the two years...So far I like it maybe even BETTER than the first Nano!
© Copyright 2010 Sticktalker (sticktalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633127-Dear-Me---II