*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633487-News
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · News · #1633487
A piece that tells what is happening in the world today.
                            What’s wrong with people these days? They read the news.
They read about the wars going on in distant lands and family, their own or another’s, being brought down, with promises of tomorrow, ‘a better day’, being broken as if they were never made.
                                            White House says no Afghanistan pullout, the papers say.
                                                                    But a promise to get our soldiers home, was made not a week before.
People read about other innocent people being killed. Several for fun, others for what some call honor. It doesn’t end. It won’t end so long as people have their own choices to make.
            People think they have a reason to kill. Man charged with murder denied bail.
                                          Sick people think they have a right to kill. Honor killing of a man’s daughter not so honorable.
Do you still wonder what’s wrong with people, or have you seen enough of the ‘glory’?
                    Today, yesterday, and tomorrow, all have several common news stories.
                Our failing economy causing failing families, sickness swarming our country and our neighbors, and car crash upon car crash. Death upon accidental death.
        Shelter provides a warm place to stay, school to suspend activities due to flu, two men killed in crash Saturday.
The news has always caused grief. Always caused sadness.
                  If you’re lucky, you might be able catch a small glimpse at happiness, a small peek at what’s still to come.
                                                Maybe, just maybe. 567 survivors celebrating life.
                                                                                                                                          That sounds good to me.
© Copyright 2010 Caitlin (caitlin444 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633487-News