*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635026-Signature-Dugout
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Outline · Other · #1635026
The Dugout is somewhat like a signature rock..
Another way of explaining the dugout, would be to compare it to a signature rock. Only this is carved out the dirt along a creek bed. This dugout has been used over and over by weary travelers on their way out west. Most signature rocks have dates and names that were carved into the rock and these types of signatures dont erode easy. On the other hand this dugout has been dug so far back into the side of the creek that it just gets bigger as the water rises and falls during heavy rains and snows. What was found were signatures of the items used during their stay. Sometimes they forgot to comb the area over before they left. What I found most interesting were the canned goods left behind. the fruits and vegatables that would grow wild surrounding the whole area. Where once was eaten an apple and discarded was the apples core. A hundred years later there's an apple tree near by. There are peach trees near by. Grape vines. Potatoes and squash growing wild.
This is what makes the dugout a signature rock in so many words. Legders found at the dugout tell a story of the normal activities and routines of the day.There has been a whole archive of items found here also. Buttons ammunition and mess kits. Knives and guns to swords. Hats and jackets and shoes. I had filled the walls and drawers full of these back at my home. They truly can tell a story.
© Copyright 2010 water pebble (waterpebble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635026-Signature-Dugout