*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635171-The-Road-to-Success
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1635171
We forget the present to live in the future, reaching for our success.
The road to success is generally much longer than success itself. Regretfully, the majority of us forget (or choose to bypass) this prominent fact. We fantasize of the prime moment our dreams will be rendered by a phone call or standing behind a podium at an awards ceremony. That image inspires and motivates us to make it through the next day; through the dreadful task at hand. Time couldn’t pass quickly enough to pacify our minds. At night we fall asleep to one of two things: one being the events tomorrow holds and how they take us closer to our future; two being the delineation of that same fantasy, projected behind your eyelids, bringing a pleasant smile to our face. Rarely do we recap that day or anything in it besides our work schedule….taking us closer to our success.



I’ve recently realized that I am among the guilty. The very guilty. Sadly. I was shocked when I attempted to recap my week, only to come up short handed of anything to do with my family or life outside of my hectic schedule for success. The moments I wanted to remember were hidden, out of reach, behind my robotic frame of mind. I was utterly ashamed of my thoughtlessness.



From there, the New Year began. Perfect time for a new year’s resolution. To live in the moment and much less in the future. I want to remember the ups and downs of my laboring path. We need to appreciate each day, not wish them to the past. Whether we think of past, present, or future, time remains the same; constant. We are to blame for the excessively slow or fast speed it seemingly takes on.



That said, if we only look to the future, fantasizing of that moment in time; that one moment….what happens to the other moments? The infinite minutes, hours, and days that got us to that moment?



They are forgotten; lost in time.



Now, tell me, would you go back and change it if you could? I know I would. Thankfully, I realized it in time to alter my ways of thinking. I’m changing, now; living in this moment. Loving this moment. I’ve come to terms with time. It’s constant. The things I think about don’t matter. My future isn’t going to come any quicker. I recommend giving it a try. My days are vibrant, there is no black and white. They are lengthy, yet smooth. I’ve found the essence of time; a moment, this moment.



-LorynMarie
© Copyright 2010 LorynMarie (lorynmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635171-The-Road-to-Success