*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635190-The-Dream
Rated: E · Preface · None · #1635190
This is the beginning to something I am trying to get written
The bedroom was lavishly decorated but it was dark and musty. The bed was swathed in deep red covers and buried in pillows that were coated in dust. Who owned this? Where had they gone? She left the room and continued down the hallway which like the bedroom, was dark, the only light filtering in through the small windows near the ceiling. Her fingers caught on the rough stone as she glided her hand down the wall. She walked into another room that must have served as a wardrobe room, but it was twice the size of the bedroom and was filled with clothing and mirrors. The walls were lined with huge, grand ballroom dresses in all styles and all colors. While looking around she caught sight of herself in a mirror, her red hair was pulled back from her face, revealing the bags under her green eyes and the dirt on her face. Her cloths were tattered and torn. She left the room then, not feeling worthy of being in a room full of such luxurious clothing when she herself looked like she had been living outdoors for months. She followed the hallway until it opened up onto a balcony that overlooked over a huge room. The stone walls had nothing hanging on them, making sure that anyone looking would follow the red carpet to a raised platform with a throne and a portrait hanging behind it. Upon further examination, she realized that the person depicted bore a striking resemblance to a cleaned up version of the girl in the mirror.

She opened her eyes and reached out to the person laying next to her.

“I remember.”

© Copyright 2010 HermioneandRon (yeiser92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635190-The-Dream