*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635925-Memories-of-a-medical-student-
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1635925
An entry of my journal
I cant really say ive ever had a scary experience !...which is why am still alive i guess !!..LOL..i dont think i would survive any such experience with the soft heart of mine :P

Soft heart ha ?...Hmmm...maybe not !!... truth is !...being an MD ive been through lots of things that ive never ever thought i'll be able to get through . All that stress of studies , being away from my family , handling colleagues , supervisors , patients and myself !....Jeeeez , i deserve a golden medal

Hmmmm ...being an MD its natural to get through weird moments . But its beyond me how we could handle it . All these anatomy lessons , practical dissection hours , the killing formalin smell burninging whatever is left of our exhausted grey cells , the old offensive smelling bones which we had to cuddle in hope that all these creepy latin nomenclatures will stick somehow .

The old Hostel smelling of Ammonia and Ablah Afkars cooking . The dark narrow corridors which i hated , but was the only available hideaway . all the scarry rumors our seniors were telling about depressed gilrs hanging themselves in the fans . Bad girls jumping out of the walls to runaway with their lovers , and the souls of those whom we dissect twice weekly rooming around the dissection room , angrily swearing to take revenge .

I remember the prayer room was somewhere near the dissection room and the administration in the old hostel ( which we had to spend most of 1st year in , before moving to the new hostel ) .we had to pass by it in order to be gather for prayer . It was ok for most of the day . But it was Alfajer and Alisha prayers that were a bit troublesome . I hated to pass by it in the darkness , all by myself . I rember i used to run and close my ears . ( for i swear there were voices ) !!

Ive never really liked the old hostel . It was depressing me. And if it wasnt for the fact that we would move to another hostel few months later . Maybe i wouldnt have continued in medical college .

Ive always hated Anatomy . Even the anatomy Atlas book was smelling of Formallin and death . but nothing like Forensic medicine !!... the one week rotation was the most depressing rotation ive ever been in . Even the lectures . with all these pics of real ppl commiting suicide , or homicide , all these lessons about how to identify the time of death , how the body disintegrates , all that made me sooo sick and it made me feel soooo depressed .

Ive been dreaming of dead ppl , killers , and crimes at night . At morning we were faced with daily gifts of freshly dead ppl to whom the professor was proud to describe how he solved the crime and who he suspects is the killer , or how he thinks this guy or that girl killed themselves . I just can never get how anybody can find any amusement in death ?...and those series about forensic medicine , CSI and stuff . No offence ...but i simply think those who like watching them are simply heartless .

I dont remember i was ever happier in my life than the time i passed my anatomy and Forensic . Ive kept the books and the sheets down the shelf and iam not weliing to take them out anytime soon .


© Copyright 2010 Sun kissed princess (najo_jojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1635925-Memories-of-a-medical-student-