*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636718-Hidden--Part-Three-SOB
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Military · #1636718
Finalle, the sniper targets Damian Yoviski.
NOTE TO READER: So sorry for p.2. It wasn't soposed to be like that. Please go back and read it now that it is fixed, and please enjoy the story...



  I check the sight line of the rifle. Then the predicted wind speed and direction. I make the adjustments on the knob on the scope, and then the one uder it. I load in a fresh clip into the M21, as well as a magazine into the .9mm. This will get a little intense. My claymore is set behind me, down the sdecond floor hallway and around the doorway.

  The ordinance from the storage complex was going to central Ukraine, which didn't make sense. Didn't these guys hate Ukrainians? Why the hell would they send them weapons? Either way, I sent the intel to headquarters. HQ excepted it and let me prossied.

  Now I found my way to this sniping position on the second floor. I looked out at the view of the compound. I picked up the rifle as I crouched in the doorway of the room, looking out into the area. You never snipe directly from the window, everyone will see you. If your at an elevated enough position and snipe from the doorway, you'll be virtually imposable to find.

  The window was large enough for me to scope out the area. I knew from the briefing where Yoviski's office was. And if I should fail, a sniper team should be waiting outside this complex, and a strike team is geared up at a village to the east. So this guy is going to die, no doubt, but that doesn't mean that I won't either. 

  I look through each window of each building. I'm not a rookie, and I choise this spot for a reason. I spot what I'm sure to be the target building, and examine the rooms, my heart racing. If I made a mistake and can't see him from this angle, I'm fucked.

  I calm once I see the target through the window of his office. Now there are three possabilities to the fallowing situation. One, the shot won't be confirmed, I'll abandon my selected target and move to extraction. Two, I shoot the bastard and run like hell out of the place once I've been compromised. And three, which I personally prefere, I'll shoot him, and no one will even notice. I'll confirm the kill  and pratically walk out.

  But first thing's first, I get on my comm to command and start the procces up. "Star One, this is Valture One-One, I have visual on target."

  A pause, then a vioce,"Roger that Valture One-One. Confirm target as Damian Yoviski."

  I examine the man up and down,"Target is confirmed: Damian Yoviski. He's right there."

  "Roger that One-One, you are clear to engage, how copy?"

  "Good copy, engaging target, out."

  I hover the crossair over his head, and hold my breath. After all of the adjustments, it's that easy. I squeeze the triger and send a round 989mph out of the chamber, through the barell, into the air, through the window, across the compound, into the office, and through his head. The back of his head explodes into a trail mix of human tissue and matter. His eyes roll up into the back of his head as his mouth gapes open. I don't have to look twice to know that he's taken cair of.

  Remember the option that no one would notice? That isn't the option I got. Somebody was inside the room and ran out, sounding the alarm. I get up and head into the hallway. I run to a window and leap out, rolling as I meet the ground. Someone sees me and I hear single shots fired, and the sound off bullets cutting the air around me. I sprint to the wall and throw a grenade to improvise a door. It explodes and makes a hole that I slid through as if it was home plate in a baseball game.

  I slide out into the swamp, and water splashes. Nearby, I hear men shouting and a helicopter's roaters spinning up. I make a mad dash through the treeline, the branches cutting the gillie suit to shreds and slicing my face. I make it through, only to see another patrol boat comming my way. I prime a flashbang and heave it onto its deck. The thing explodes into white light and several of the crew tummble out of it and into the water, temperaley blinded and deaf. I reach the next rough and make a mad dash into it.

  "Star One, I've been compromised, moving to extraction point bravo!"

  I rush through to the end, and reach a clearing. I charge down it. Good thing that there is all this water, otherwise they'd have dogs. But they still have guns. Water shoots up at my face as the previous treeline rages with smallarms fire. And the helicopter reaches the fight. Gunners there take pot shots at me, and I feal my arm get hit. I wince, but keep moving, the water slowing my down.

  I reach a bit of forrest land and zigzag about the trees as they catch bullets from my pursuers. I run through it and reach another swampy clearing, but this one is more like a bog. Iook up and see a friendly Blackhawk gunship. I pop the green smoke grenade I have and toss it to the ground. The helicopter lands and I'm pulled abored by two marines just as a wave of hostiles emerges from the trees. The mini-gun opperator opens up on them and severs limbs, breeks bodies, and just sluaghters the men. Blood and carnage splashes the air as the surviving troops retreat for their lives. The gunner doesn't stop, and massacures them. We lift off and see the hostile chopper move into position to fire.

  It's like two damn pirate ships opening fire on each other. I fire with the marines into their canopee as they do the same. A marine behind me catches a bullet in the head and crumbles right out of the chopper. But with the mini-gun, well drill them, and even their helicopter catches fire and goes spining done. It collides with the swamp in a raging explosion of fire, and we fly off.

  To my side is one of the marines looking at the now empty seat infront of him. The other one says, "One hell of a day."

  'Ya, sure,' I think, 'what about tomarrow?'

 
© Copyright 2010 The Sniper (puppet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1636718-Hidden--Part-Three-SOB