*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637334-A-Part-of-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Essay · Experience · #1637334
medical issues impact on life
I have many health issues, the support group has said writing is therapuetic. So let me tell you about my neuropathy. It started slowly after the birth of my son in 1976 in the big toe only. I had my left knee replaced in 2006 and I had a case of sepsis. During the post-op period I started to notice lessen sensation in my foot. At first the surgeon thought it was related to having the tourniquet on for an extended period. It was thought after a year it would disappear. Guess what it didn't and it has slowly progressed to the arch area. I had my right knee replaced and the same thing has happened with the right foot but at a slower pace. Going down the stairs is like going down a slippery slope. I have to look down to see where my foot has landed. I have been walking and thought the slipper was on but it wasn't.  My left front foot area feels at time like I have two pairs of socks on. I have been on medication to no avail. The first medication affected my platelets so I am on neurontin. I am suppose to take 1200mg a day  it makes me drowsy. The neuropathy also makes my feet super sensitive to cold. Sometimes my feet feel like they are in blocks of ice. It takes a long time to warm them back up. My greatest fear is amputation. I pray for a miracle with my body because I have so many medical problems that impact my life daily.
© Copyright 2010 McLemore (blacklab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637334-A-Part-of-Me