*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637417-Love-As-An-Overrated-Word
by berlin
Rated: E · Essay · Romance/Love · #1637417
Eternal love does exist.
Love is a strong word, and sadly it is being used every day in every conversation. It feels like “love” has lost its meaning. Apparently love is a privilege for the chosen ones, the rest of us we are on an indefinite search for it.

I remember when I was in Bermuda I saw two elders walking on the beach and holding hands. The women looked sick, probably suffering from a disease. The old man was holding on to her hand tight and was secretly looking at her while both were enjoying the sun set.

The way he was looking at her, the time he has spend searching her up and down with his eyes showed a lot of affection.
They both stood, quietly and they were cuddling with each other, waiting just waiting, and they both knew one thing that sometime, someday they will be both young again.

This made me realize that I was the witness of pure love. How long until I encounter it as my own experience? Probably never if the Gods aren’t merciful enough to bless me with this gift.
© Copyright 2010 berlin (berlin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637417-Love-As-An-Overrated-Word