*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637468-Our-Walk-Through-The-Autumn-Woods
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1637468
A short story involving a shared day of adventure with daughter and dad. For a contest.
One cool, crisp Autumn day Dad and Sam I Am, his thirteen year old daughter, went for a walk through the woods just to get out together and have fun in the leaves. They walked down the path shuffling leaves with their feet listening to the rustling sound. The colors were orange, red, brown, rustic, yellow and many mixed colors and hues. The sight was one to behold. At times they would just stop and look around at the beauty surrounding them. Their tongues could almost taste the icy cold in the air. Picking up the leaves to add to their collection was making their hands cold. In the distance they heard birds chirping, singing their own type of language and songs. Their melodies were like a piece of heaven's choir blending in together. Dad pointed for Sam to look at the squirrel running along with nuts and seeds looking for a place to hide them for winter. There were grey, brown and red ones. They would scurry and scamper hoping we would not see them. Their calls to each other were to warn of our presence. The air smelled fresh like it was made especially for Dad and Sam that day, as though God had given them a present. Sam turned toward Dad and threw some leaves in his face and the battle was on, almost like a snowball fight. They played, throwing at each other till they were tired. Dad suggested sitting down and eating their picnic lunch they had brought with them. They had fruit, vegetables, some left over pot roast, bread and cheese. To drink they had brought fresh water from the creek a ways back that would soon freeze over for winter. They laughed and talked while eating. Soon, it was time to go home so they collected their basket of food and headed back shuffling through the leaves once again just to enjoy the last little morsel of fun. That night they both slept peacefully from a good day of enjoyment, exercise and contentment.



                                                                      The End!

Word Count is: 340
© Copyright 2010 Nicki_Mist (samanthasam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637468-Our-Walk-Through-The-Autumn-Woods