*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637515-Dragon-Ball-Synopsis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Entertainment · #1637515
EXTREMELY abridged synopsis of Dragon Ball, and I mean extremely.
Goku was a child of the Saiyan race sent to conquer Earth by an all-powerful entity called Frieza, but bumped his head and forgot. Instead he becomes a martial artist, and helps Bulma collect Dragon Balls, which are balls that grant any wish when brought together. The pair come into conflict with the Red Ribbon Army, who also want the Dragon Balls, and hire the superpowered assassin Tao to kill Goku. Goku kills Tao instead, and then defeats the Red Ribbon Army single-handedly. Tao's brother Crane Hermit sends his superpowered student Tenshinhan to avenge Tao's death at the World Martial Arts Tournament; Tenshinhan defeats Goku but refuses to kill him as Crane wishes, and instead he abandons Crane Hermit.

Then Demon King Piccolo, an evil superpowered creature spawned on Earth from the loneliness of a lost alien from Planet Namek, escapes from his magic prison. He acquires all the Dragon Balls and uses them to become stronger than ever, but Goku kills him. Demon King Piccolo uses his last gasp of super strength to create a superpowered Namek child named Piccolo. Years later both Piccolo and Goku are adults, and Piccolo tries to kill Goku at the World Martial Arts Tournament; instead Goku defeats him and he flees. Goku then marries a human named Chichi and conceives a half-Saiyan child named Gohan.

Then the superpowered prince of the Saiyans, Vegeta, learns what happened to Goku, and about the Dragon Balls. He travels to Earth to steal the Dragon Balls and gain the power to destroy Frieza and avenge the subjugation and near destruction of the Saiyan race, but is chased off by Goku. Vegeta realizes there are also Dragon Balls on Planet Namek, and travels there to steal them. Goku realizes this, and travels to Namek to stop him. Frieza also realizes this, and travels to Namek to steal the Dragon Balls for himself. Goku fights Frieza, kills him, and returns to Earth. Vegeta decides to live on Earth and shacks up with Bulma, conceiving a half-Saiyan child named Trunks.

Then a grown-up Trunks from the future arrives in a time machine and tries to kill Doctor Gero, to prevent him from unleashing his apocalyptic evil androids, but fails. Even worse, an unknown monster created by Gero, named Cell, also appeared. Apparently Cell was supposed to become all-powerful by absorbing the androids in the future, but the future Gohan had killed the androids, so Cell killed future Trunks for his time machine and travelled to the present. He succeeded in absorbing the androids and killing Goku, but was killed by young Gohan.

Then a wizard named Babidi arrived on Earth to awaken the monster Buu and avenge his father Bibidi, who was killed for attempting to take over the universe. He succeeded, but was unable to control Buu and was eventually killed by him. Then Buu adopted a dog named Bee who was senselessly shot by a gun-toting lunatic, causing Buu to go on a rampage. The rulers of the universe restored Goku to life and he killed Buu. Then he convinced the rulers of the universe to reincarnate Buu as a human named Uub.
© Copyright 2010 Dodoria (dodoria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637515-Dragon-Ball-Synopsis