*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637602-Surprise-me-around-the-world
by CC
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1637602
(SMATW) chapter 1
Work was boring as always. [i]i do not feel like being here[/i].So Hawkens let out a big sigh of stress. He sat at the computer watching and waiting for the computer screen to go black. He looked at his reflection in the dark mirror and was very disappointed in the man who was staring back at him. He was only 30 years old and already he had visible wrinkles in his face. But still no woman could deny such a handsome man. He had silk black hair and deep blue eyes, standing about 6 feet tall and was fairly built. Reporting was his passion but know it just seemed like work now a days.
Hawkens found himself constantly staring out the window at the morning light. Boston seemed so boring at times it seemed that he needed to get away.

"Hawkens my man" Joe greeted him with a clasp on the back. It startled him a little bit but he would be use to the impact by now after working with Joe for 5 years. "What's goin' on Buddy?"

"Same-o-same-o i guess" Hawkens said trying to sound awake rubbing his eyes.

"Man you don't look so good, cat got ya tongue" Joe said with a concern tone.

"Ya'll know cats had nothing to do with it," John inter the conversation with his greasy smile 'What's her name Hawk Men or did you not get a chance to ask"

Hawkens did not response as the door slammed open and paper flew out. A bang came from the other side and Angeline stepped into view with her hand on her forehead covering the bruise. The boys all looked up and covered their mouths to hold in the laugher. Angeline kept her normal fast paste down the hall pass them. "Don't say anything" she growled to them as she passed. She wore a lose suited blouse and a long skirt that reached all the way to her ankles. She had on the same pair of buckle shoes she wore everyday. Though she only needed glasses for reading she wore them all day, she thought it made her look smart. They tried to keep a straight face until she was out of view.

"Ms. Clumpsy makes an entrance once again" Joe laughed.

"Damn does she need a man, maybe you can help her Hawkens" John said point to him.

"Hell no, i get blue balls before i touch her" Hawkens growled. Joe and John laughed. "anyways what are you guys doing today i was thinking we--"

"May i speak to you Mr. Hawkens" The Boss yelled out from her doorway. Hawkens became aroused at the sight of the sexy women. she wore her long blonde hair down her back, it complemented her fairly tan skin. Her suit was fitted to her figure as always and she wore the same shade of Cherry lipstick like any day.

"uh oh. Hawk men's in trouble you naughty boy" his friend teased. Hawkens gave them a look then walked off. He was not really in the mood to get yelled at and he had already tried to charm her but it did not work. She was a very sneaky, sly women who knew about the game. Plus he only did it to get a raise.

"You needed me Boss" he said while closing the door behind him. She motion for him to come sit down and then she did the same. Hawkens knew this was going to be a long talk.

"Mr. Hawkens i have an important convention that i am attending in D.C. and i need you to company me there... with the board of directors."

"What, why me?" he said arching his eyebrows.

"Don't sound so excited Mr. Hawkens" she said dryly "i need one of my best reporters there and....i mean really what other life do you have except going to the bar and drinking your life away. i am giving you an opportunity to prove yourself to me."

Hawkens felt the need to protest against her accusation but come on she was right. "If i accompany you on this trip what will i get in return" he grinned.

she looked at him for a while before answering "You can get a bonus in your pay for this week only....then maybe have enough to actually do something with your life" She turned a sly grin.

[i]Damn it that was not the answer i wanted[/i]. Hawkens leaned back in his chair pondering her offer.

"How much are we talkin'" he said finally

"Depend on how good you please me"

"um....fine i'll do it...when?"

"Tomorrow morning, leaving at seven o'clock, for 3 days only, be there"

"Not much notice....your must be very confident in yourself"

"Of course" She shot him a big smile. Her white teeth glistened. Hawkens was very attacked to her confident so he did not mind going along it was the board of director that frighten him.[i] What would they think of me?[/i]

"i like that in a women" he lower his voice to a smooth tone.

"Don't flatter yourself, Now get out of my office before i get my gun and shot you" she said firmly.

"Ah....and feisty too...." he said flirtatiously. Hawkens walked out and reached for the door and felt the pressure of two bodies. Joe and John moved their ears away and nonchalantly started to conversant.

"So Hawk Men you--"

"You gonna sleep with the boss or what" John interrupted anxiously.

"No" Hawkens said quickly "no....no she just wants me to accompany her to D.C." he assured them. Both Joe and John looked at each other and laugh

"uh oh D.C. with the boss you know what that mean john" They both started singing in unison "He gonna get some nooky in D.C."

"Hawkens you are the man" john said clasping him on the back. Hawkens just stood there and did not bother to protest. Come on its D.C. for heaven sake anything could happen......



© Copyright 2010 CC (catrina_a at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637602-Surprise-me-around-the-world