*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637901-Overeasy--Short-Story-Work-In-Progress
Rated: ASR · Draft · Dark · #1637901
Mysterious voices tell Jacob to bring bring justice to the world by killing.
"Wake up. So how are we Mr. Adams, doing well this morning? I hope so, did you rest well. I've cooked eggs, bacon and toast. I do love toast with my eggs. I like the eggs cooked just enough so that the egg yoke runs when I cut the eggs. I love to soak up the yoke on my toast. And bacon, well I love it a little overcooked, nice and crunchy. How about you? Oh..are we not speaking today? I guess it might be a little difficult with a sock stuffed down your throat and a piece of duck tape across your mouth." After setting the cast iron black frying and the spatula down. The cast iron skillet made him remember his Mother. Since her death, life wasn't the same. He missed her and her advice, her cooking and her guidance. He felt..well unsure of his actions in regards to Mr Adams, without Mother here to reassure him that evil needed to be punished. And that he is good.

He turned. Removed the oven gloves. First from the right hand and then the left. Always doing things in a precise order made life bearable, brought order and sanity. "Life is chaos, brought about by evil men, Jacob. You are special Jacob and you must use your skills to combat it." Mother always said. But hearing it and remembering were two different things. Digging under the tape was a chore, Adams flinched twice making getting a grip difficult.

"Hold still." Jacob said while simultaneously gripping the back of Adam's head with his powerful right hand. Working manual labor all his life made him strong as an ox. Jacob wasn't as intelligent as those big-time intellectuals, but he knew how to spot evil and that was all the good Lord wanted from him Mother always said. After finally getting a grip on a corner of the tape Jacob yanked. It came off partially and dangled half way across Adam's mouth. Adams head struggled against the powerful grip. Straining slightly to the left, then the right. But Jacobs meaty hands held firmly.

"You are persistent, hold still." Jacob yanked one last time. The tape dangled from his finger. He snapped it once, twice and a third time trying to get it off, before gripping it with his teeth and giving another tug. He spat the tape onto the floor. Then pulled the sock from Adam's mouth. " You're a crazy son-of-a-bitch..do you know who I am? Every cop. FBI agent and.." Jacob slapped him.

"The law is as evil as you..so please..you should eat. You'll need your strength." Jacob returned to the stove. The skillet still cooked the four eggs situated perfectly in the pan, the yolks turned upside down. Jacob anxiously grabbed the spatula. His hands trembled, his face reddened and the grip on the spatula tightened until his knuckles whitened. The handle snapped.

Jacob turned, approached Adams, his fists clenched, his over-sized jaw clenched tightly and his usual flesh pink skin turned bright red."You ruined the eggs, by struggling, forcing me to take to long..I should..Kill you now..right now." The broken metal tip of the spatula bobbed in Adam's face. Adams stretched his neck back. The chair began to tilt backward, the leather restraints groaned against the weight even the slight figure of the Sunday School Teacher and the vice President of the largest bank in Western New York.

"Wait..Listen. Let's talk, Jacob is that your name? I can help. Do you need money, a new house perhaps. Look maybe fix some of the problems here." Adams said. He looked at the broken window patched with plastic, then the kitchen sink that dripped and then to the  broken back door that hung by only one hinge.

"No I just want my eggs, for now. Then God will need your confession, before you die." Jacob spoke and then returned to the stove. Tossed the ruined meal into a red dog bowl in the corner. Immediately a large motley mut scurried into the room, scratching and sliding across the light green cracked and bubbled tile.

Jacob re-cooked his breakfast. Sat at the table, wiping his meaty paws on his jeans. He ate like an animal.

Just as he took his last bite, the door burst open. Two heavily armed police charged into the kitchen easily breaking down the back entrance to the house. "Down...on the floor.." Before Jacob had any chance to react speed and agility not being his strength. One man jabbed a taser into his side. Jacob fell writhing. Two more men came into the room from the back entrance and two more from the entrance to the rest of the home. They all piled on the figure.

Jacob didn't fight back. If he had even the six highly trained and powerful swat teams members would have struggled to restrain him.


The next day Jacob awoke in familiar surroundings. He'd been here many times to visit his Mother before she committed suicide. Many times. But now..it was his turn.

"Mr. Neshamar..interesting name. May I call you Jacob?" The man that entered the room wore a white lab coat, slacks and his name badge identified him as Dr. Nesh or something. Jacob couldn't quite read it before it twisted sideways. He carried a medical file and sat quickly across from Jacob. The short table had two hooks to restrain Jacobs handcuffed wrists. Jacob sat peacefully in his orange prison uniform. "So Jacob.. you want to tell me why your here?"

"I'm not sure..but I have to finish my..my..my..what i started. It is important." Jacob said. His eyes never looked into the Dr. eyes. They stayed focused on the handcuffs that bound him.

"Well suppose you tell me what happened and then I can speak to the police. You're in alot of trouble Jacob..and frankly I'm not sure what I can do for you. The charges against you are well quite serious...Now the charges against you are stalking, contempt of court.. , kidnapping and attempted murder. These are serious charges.. Jacob. I can't help you..if you don't talk with me." The short dark-skinned man flipped the folder open that he'd carried in. "You were here when you were arrested for stalking Mr. Adam's, I thought at that time you understood these ideas were delusions that could be treated with medication. And I see from the lab tests that you have stopped taking the medications I prescribed for you.." Dr. Nesherman paused. Flipped through the files before him. He stopped, went back then forward two or three times. Then he stopped at one page, took a deep breate and asked. "Do you believe that Adam's is an evil spirit, and possibly a serial killer?" The Dr. flipped back one page while holding the page over his hand. "Jacob Jonathon Adams is a law abiding citizen, pillar of the community. I know him personally and I can assure you he is absolutely not involved with any Satanic cult or in anyway is capable of murder. Look even now he is forgiving you..watch." The Dr. stood and picked up a remote from the table, pointed it towards the television mounted to the wall and encased in a wire cage, locked by a padlock. The screen slowly came to life. The Dr. flipped through two channels before he arrived at channel thirteen, Fox news.

Jonathon Adams stood before the throng of reporters calm and collected. The sharply dressed woman, Pauline, his wife stood proudly at his side. She never flinched. Her head head gently twisted toward her husband, her loving eyes never flinched or showed anything other than complete support for Jonathon. The reporters brandishing cameras and microphones pressed forward. A flurry of questions bombarded Jonathon as his children, Jonathon Jr. eight holding Pauline s right hand and Josephine, twelve on Jonathon's side were equally behaved.

Almost to well behaved. They stared blankly into the crowd. Something in Jonathon Jr.'s almost begged for a question, begged someone to ask him his opinion, but no one would today or any day for that matter.

Lou Balderan, Jonathon's lawyer and long-time friend stepped forward to the center of the throng of reporters, raised his hands in gesture for quite.  Lou unbuttoned his perfectly tailored gray business jacket, slid his hands into his pockets and began to speak calmly. "Mr. Adams has had..a trying time over the past three months, first being stalked by this madman." Adams bruised hand quickly grabbed the lawyers elbow and pulled gently yet with authority. Adams whispered into the Lou's ear. Lou nodded. turned and began again. "Mr. Adams wishes to return to his life and family and wishes no harm or ill will to this gentleman. Jacob is ill and had no idea the actions he was taking were wrong and ill-conceived. Mr. Adams has forgiven Jacob for his wrong doings and hopes that all of you can do the same. With that..Mr Adams."
© Copyright 2010 Just DreamIng (gregj1962 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1637901-Overeasy--Short-Story-Work-In-Progress