*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638198-Editorial
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Editorial · Other · #1638198
Local doctor aids stranded motorist on way to school.
Published as Michelle Estes
Editorial Column
South Missourian News, 7-18-2002
Thayer, MO


As I was reading the last week's issue of your paper, I ran across the article about Dr. Chris Cochran. I applaud this young man's family ties and his decision to return to his roots to practice medicine. I was impressed by his educational background and patient care philosophy. But, there is another facet of Dr. Cochran's character that I would like to address.

I teach in Thayer and live in Evening Shade, AR. I have an hour's drive each way and find this time very refreshing unless I have car trouble, which is what happened to me one day last fall.

I had a flat tire halfway between Ash Flat and Mammoth Spring on the Saddle Road....not a very well-traveled road at 6:45 in the morning. I got out of my vehicle and began to search for a house. This is when a pickup truck rounded the bend, immediately stopped, and a nice looking young man hopped out to see if he could help. He introduced himself as Chris Cochran--not Dr. Cochran--and offered me the use of his phone. After I had made a few calls and he ascertained where I was heading and why, he very graciously offered to take me to school in Thayer so I would not be late. And, that's exactly what he did.

I just wanted folks to know that there is a Good Samaritan out there on the roads, and his name is Chris Cochran. Thank you, Chris, and thanks to the Cochran's for raising such a fine young man.


© Copyright 2010 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638198-Editorial