*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638281-Lack-of-Sanity
Rated: ASR · Article · Satire · #1638281
What is the definition of Lack Of Sanity?
“I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.” ~Author Unknown



One thing in life you can lack and still have it all. Lacking sanity is actually not really lacking in anything in the strictest sense of the word. Really think about it, lack sanity and a person lacks nothing. Doubt it?



Life throws us all many curves. Money can be a big concern. Are you dead broke, are bill collectors calling and hounding you, your house foreclosed on, or even forced out into the street. What you need is a lack of, not more of... a lack of sanity.



Who needs a house or money if they lack sanity? When the money goes lose your sanity too, otherwise life is just hard, often times cruel and unforgiving.



Lack sanity and these problems become a great adventure.



You are not homeless and broke you are deliberately living in unsavory conditions to analyze society’s reactions. What fun you can have, dirty starving and destitute approach people on the street for change, just a nickel, mind you lest people think you're greedy. How many can you get to give you a nickel? Your not trying to stay alive, oh no you are merely studying people’s reactions to parting with a piece of metal that will probably end up in a jar or at the bottom of a wishing well after they wished for world peace and an end to hunger. See how a lack of sanity can help.



“There is a pleasure sure In being mad which none but madmen know.”~John Dryden, The Spanish Friar, 1681



The bill collectors and the IRS that called are actually pirates from another dimension pressuring you to divulge the whereabouts of a secret scepter that could save the world. Imagine the conversation:



“I’m looking for Greg... Have you sent your payment yet?” the condescendingly calm voice asks.



“Sure you are. Pal. I know who you really are and I am not buying into it, this bill collector scam. I have the scepter well hidden, the map I have destroyed. The only way to find the scepter and destroy earth is to use torture. However, rest assured Fogo Caldera! Ah, yes. I know your real name; I will protect the scepter at any costs. Thinking of Torturing my wife and children... go ahead...”



Buzz...”Hello?”



See how much better this turns out. Lacking sanity brings everything into a new light, lacking sanity is just plain necessary for survival, lacking sanity is well just plan fun.



“See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience.” ~Jane Wagner
© Copyright 2010 Just DreamIng (gregj1962 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638281-Lack-of-Sanity