*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638603-Double-Sided
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1638603
This is a story about a detective who recieves a phone call about strange activity.
There was a large rattle from outside the gate, the man stricken with fear held his pitchfork pointed toward it as the wood began to splinter. Snarling sounds could be heard on the other side of this impeding barricade it would only be a matter of time before whatever was on the other side would make it through. Bits and pieces of the wood were hurled from the gate as a set of snapping jaws slammed through it. The farmer screamed in terror as he stabbed his pit fork at the snout of the creature.

Time has given life to many creations some have not been seen in thousands of years due to extinction… and others have not been see due to the fact they wish to remain concealed from the rest of society. These creatures range from werewolves to vampires and elves to dwarves, most of them have not been seen or heard of in a millennium. But what if one day these creatures were forced to reveal themselves to a society to which they have been hidden from for several millenniums.

It was an average day in a small city not far from New York, where an investigator was sitting in his office awaiting for work, it was a rather quiet town with not much to say for crime except for maybe shoplifting by the younger ones. The man began to slowly stack his items on his desk to build a small tower, from the look on his face you would have sworn he just built the Tower of Babel, with his phone sitting atop of this tower. Unfortunately for him his phone rang, and in his excitement to answer he sent his whole tower crashing to the ground, maybe it truly was the Tower of Babel. “Strothville police department, detective Harrington speaking.”

The voice at the other end of the line was rather crackling “You must understand, we do not wish to hard anyone, it was all a mistake that was made on the behalf of another” weeping can be heard in the background as static swallows the shallow cries.

Harrington shocked at what he is hearing responds with unnerving tone “What has happened I need all the information you can give if I am to help understand what is going on.”

The voice again chimes in “I am sure you will hear about it soon, but please you must understand that it was never intentional it was nothing we could control, we never wa...” with that the static consumed the voice before the line was dropped.

Confused and puzzled at this point Harrington is unable to decide what to do, its not like he can just go and ask about any case that has come in recently that is somewhat out of the ordinary. With that he leaves himself a note to remind him of what the voice had told him and continued along his day, as he was trying to think what the voice on the other line was trying to convey to him.
© Copyright 2010 Desteration (kelsarn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638603-Double-Sided